Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Geoff Rickly Talks Mental Health

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 11, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Parker Molloy talked with Geoff Rickly of Thursday about how mental health issues in the arts needs to be talked about more:

“I think mental health is still a source of great shame for most people,” Rickly adds. “Implying that there is anything wrong with their mind is still often considered an insult. For artists, I think there’s a sense that we don’t have much (money, material success) but the one beautiful thing that we get as an artist is a state of mind, a high level of imagination and a lot of time to explore it. If you devalue that, by saying our thinking is sick, it takes away from the one thing we have of any value. Or it can feel that way.”

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

A well articulated man

3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Geoff sure has his fair share of demons. I love how candid, well spoken, and thoughtful he is, especially on issues such as mental health. New Thursday music pleeeeeaaaase!

RedDotRecording likes this.