Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frightened Rabbit’s Scott Hutchison Reported Missing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 9, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The BBC is reporting that the lead singer of Frightened Rabbit, Scott Hutchison, has gone missing:

Insp Graeme Dignan said: “We are keen to locate Scott as soon as possible to ensure he is safe and well and would urge anyone who can assist with our ongoing inquiries to come forward. If you believe you have seen him since the early hours of Wednesday morning or know where he currently is, then please contact police immediately.”

2. The Format

Regular

Hoping the best

CMilliken likes this.
  3. atlastitsok

Regular

This is horrible - reading the tweets and some of Scott’s past worries me.

CMilliken likes this.
  4. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Really heart breaking, hope he is well and found soon.

5. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Hope he is well.

6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Shit.
    I haven’t listened in a while, but I love their stuff.

7. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Still no update in the search for him. Admittedly I rarely feel anything when tragic celebrity stuff happens, but Scott's always been a really meaningful songwriter to me, and we had a mutual friend - which somehow made him feel more real. Given his mental health battles over the years, I was always afraid this sort of thing might one day happen, and I'm really scared for bad news.

8. Tom Lee

Regular

Feeling similar, especially having experienced similar depressive episodes. I don't know him, but I'm close with someone who tours with them, and he was meant to meet up with my friend last night. It feels utterly traumatic and upsetting, we all just want him to be safe. Just hoping people keep sharing, and he'll see it and turn up soon.

9. say_hello_to_good_times

The longer this goes the more concerned I get. I'm hoping for a safe return but getting somewhat pessimistic...

10. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Damn

11. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

12. The Format

Regular

13. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

This is devastating. A truly brilliant songwriter.

14. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Fuck....

15. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Absolutely shattered by the news. I would never have even started dating my fiance if it weren't for Frightened Rabbit. I have sketches of his framed on my walls, and Midnight Organ Fight has long stood as my favourite record. I'm grateful for everything Scott (and the rest of the band) brought to my life, and I can't believe he's gone. My condolences to his friends and family, and it's a huge loss to the music community.

I'm really glad to have made it to the 10th anniversary tour, I obviously had no idea it'd represent a goodbye, but what was already a really important show to me has now taken on a completely different meaning.

16. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

Such a massive loss to not only the music world but the world period, he was such a kind and talented person. This is the worst way to go, but I hope his family knows how many people admired and loved him!

AVanMill17 likes this.