Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Scary Kids Scaring Kids’ Debut Album Comes to Vinyl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 7, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

slickdtc likes this.
  2. For a second, I thought this was news for a reunion and I was really pumped.

LightsOut likes this.
  3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

wow lol

4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

It's been out on vinyl for a bit now. Got excited because I thought it was s/t.

5. Was just thinking about these guys the other day. When I was a kid I’d stay up super late to hear our local indie station play What’s Up Now like every night lol. I remember thinking they were huge.

Oskarr and jco3 like this.
  6. zachmacD

Trusted

Unfortunately the singer died, I believe due to an overdose, a few years ago so I doubt there will be a reunion of any sorts

7. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I truly loved this band. I remember at Warped Tour 09' the stages were so behind on schedule that they were only allowed to play 1 song and they just kept ripping into other songs and we all just screamed the words when they cut the sound.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. No kidding?? Dang. Either this never hit my radar or I'd completely forgotten, both of which seem surprising to me

zachmacD likes this.
  9. SFguitar

Regular

Someone on reddit said the band reached out to Cove Reber to do vocals for a some kind of reunion but he declined. Sounds kinda odd to me.

zachmacD likes this.
  10. zachmacD

Trusted

Yeah, sad stuff. There was even a fb post from his mom circling around. It was really heartbreaking. I think he was only 27 or so

11. zachmacD

Trusted

When was this? That does seem odd and very random

12. SFguitar

Regular

It was on the post hardcore reddit awhile back. The guy didn't say where he heard it. There's a video online of Cove playing with them at warped tour, so they obviously know him, but I get the feeling this band is done for good.

zachmacD likes this.
  13. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

The video for My Darkest Hour is still a classic

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  14. errolstafford

I was listening to this album the other day and it was a lot better than I even remember it being.