Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Killswitch Engage Cancel Shows

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Killswitch Engage have canceled their upcoming shows:

We unfortunately have some unpleasant news to share. Killswitch Engage have to cancel their upcoming tour from April-26 thru May-05. Earlier today we found out Jesse needs to have surgery to repair an issue with his vocal chords. He is expected to make a full recovery and be fine for any future touring, but to avoid any future risk we unfortunately have to pull off these dates now.

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Have Howard (aka: the better singer) come back.

Ryan and Former Planets like this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

That is terrible and not true.

When I heard they were losing Howard I felt that way, but after seeing them live (Jesse nailed the Howard songs) and their last two albums being among their best, I love Jesse more. Beyond the Flames has the best singing vocal performance the band has ever done.

4. Davjs

Trusted

But I hope he gets better and everything is alright. The band is still going strong and Incarnate was one of the best albums of 2016

disambigujason likes this.
  5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

HAHA - I knew I'd get someone to call me out. I've always preferred Howard to Jesse, both with the clean vocals and especially the screams. I don't really hear anything special about Jesse's vocals that I did when I first heard Howard. Although I do want to hear Jesse's take on Howard's songs.

Former Planets likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

I was you when Howard first took over "omg, who is this guy!?". Howard blew Jesse's performance on Alive or Just Breathing out of the water, but ever since he's been back, Jesse is better than ever. Seeing him nail "Arms of Sorrow" live sealed the deal for me, esp on top of his amazing last two albums with them. Check out Incarnate again!

chewbacca110 likes this.
  7. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I’ll team Howard all the way. I only liked certain songs before him, and although I really enjoyed Jesse’s first album back, I couldn’t even make it through the most recent one once. The production was bombastic and lacked the nuance I enjoyed from the first couple Howard LPs. To be fair, I don’t like Howard’s non-Killswitch stuff. They were a good Combination.

8. bloodinthesand

Regular

Howard's band, Light The Torch is on point- Talk about amazing vocals

9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Howard is the man, his voice is irreplaceable

10. Davjs

Trusted

I haven't listened to Light the Torch yet. I checked out Devil You Know and thought it was just ok. I'll have to give LTT a listen!

11. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I always thought they were equally good. Jesse's melodies and cadence on AOJB is fantastic. Howard is a beast but i always felt Jesse was a better song writer. I guarantee the boys in KSE reached out to Howard and hr declined to fill in.

12. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I agree howard has the better voice.

13. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I actually agree that Howard is better with the screams. His voice stands out more where I feel Jesse is unremarkable to an extent.

Hope he recovers well. Glad they caught whatever it was before it became an issue.

14. Davjs

Trusted

Some terrible takes on Jesse in this thread :teethsmile:

It's almost as no one listened to Incarnate. Howard is amazing though, so at least he's getting love.