Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Longshot Share Unreleased Songs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Well, at least he's learned his lesson from Uno, Dos, Tre.

3. AMC

Regular

4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

5. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I was being facetious...

6. Fox83

Trusted

Wow. 12 tracks? This is like a full second album. Or are some of these on the actual album? Not familiar with song titles enough to say for sure.

7. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

All new I believe, can't tell if it's my laptop speakers but they don't sound quite up to the same recording quality

8. silentc

Regular

According to Billie Joe these songs are split into 3 EPs and all the songs are originals or covers that he recorded in his garage

9. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Which would be rad if he’d give us a couple weeks to digest the full length first. I’d only started to appreciate the first three songs when the album dropped. Too much of an okay thing!

10. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Thankfully it doesn't seem like the trilogy has scared him into only releasing an album every 2-3 years. He's my fave songwriter of all time so I welcome anything he wants to put out into the world.

Turkeylegz and Former Planets like this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Most of them are covers and the originals feel more like demos than actual songs. Really cool shit in here though

Fox83, Jason Tate and Turkeylegz like this.
  12. Neon Light

rage and love

Interesting that all the Green Day songs they've been playing live are from the Uno Dos Tre trilogy. Maybe he sees this project as an extension of the sound they were going for there but wasn't well received by fans or commercially. Or that Green Day should be the place for his best work, and this is going to be his outlet to write whatever he wants without the pressure.

13. Jacktheskipper

Regular

I really like some of these and I really like the raw sound in combination with their music ... I have a feeling that I'd enjoy the album even more than I do, if the production wouldn't be so "glossy" ... and I think it's kinda awesoe they give these away for free (at least for listening) ...

14. josh.hofer

Has anyone taken the time to rip all these songs to mp3s? Thinking about doing it later tonight.

15. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Please share if you do.

16. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Got the 128 kbps files and album cover images loaded into the 3 correct folders (I labelled them as 3 EPs). I'm not good enough to get higher quality files than that though. I'm sure it's do-able, I'm just not able to do it.

josh.hofer likes this.
  17. Greg1

Any chance you could share? That would be amazing.

18. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

They are on Amazon now and I’m sure other places