Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore Talk With Billboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Paramore talked with Billboard on the recent Parahoy cruise:

We’re really fortunate to have been on two different sides of what the internet has done for bands. There’s times it just feels absolutely too much. But it was a tool for us early on and it felt very pure… Not only was that vital to the vibe of the shows and the touring aspect of everything, but it helped us grow. Doing [Parahoy!] all these years later, we’ve found a lot of people out in the crowd are the same people from the early years. It’s this tangible, multicultural thing — people are coming from all over the world — and yet we’re part of a real community. I’m really proud of that — in 2018, it’s hard to imagine the internet did something so pure.

2. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I've been a Paramore fan since 2006. I was heavily engaged on PF.net and through their Livejournal community. I had numerous (sometimes deep and important for me given the place I was in) coversations with Hayley in particular through these channels. That quote resonates so much with me because it really felt pure. They were getting steadily bigger over time, especially after Riot!, but they would still take the time to engage with us in that way. Now they're so big it is harder to get those interactions, but I am glad to have had what I had. It has played a huge part in molding my life, and is a large part of why Paramore is my favorite band and continues to be to this day.

I met someone from a few towns over on PF.net and we started going to shows together (not even just Paramore shows). We met up with other fans. Paramore played "My Heart with the whoa's" on the 2008 The Final Riot! Tour because of the LJ community begging them to. I am glad they remember those times fondly. I do too.

Mary V, SEMUSIC, Collin Skeen and 3 others like this.
  3. WorseThanWords

Paramore is old news. Their last album just sounded like a Hayley solo album. They've passed their peak.

4. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Taylor and Zac wrote all the music but go off I guess

5. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

People have been saying Paramore is a Hayley solo project for literally ten years. Wasn’t true then and it’s not true now. Such a dumb thing to say lmao

6. WorseThanWords

I said sounded. It doesn't matter who wrote it.

7. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

:sly:

8. personalmaps

Please explain to me how it sounds like Hayley solo if she didn’t write it lmao. The only solo song she’s ever released was a campfire singalong.

9. Liz

Ew, David

Troll in the dungeon!

10. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

after laughter is their best album. idk what this ghost troll is talking about

11. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

ya dumb

12. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Not even an original troll. :eyeroll:

Jason Tate and WorseThanWords like this.
  13. WorseThanWords

After Laughter is definitely not their best. That would either go to BNE or their self titled.

14. WorseThanWords

Apparently I have to spell it out for you. That's sad. Try using logic and if that doesn't work (which I'm guessing it won't) try using your imagination.

15. personalmaps

It is literally not logical to say something sounds like “peak artist” when it actually is not written by her nor does it sound like anything she’s released as a solo artist. You are incredible. Thanks for the laugh.

DarkHotline and Jason Tate like this.
  16. WorseThanWords

I fail to see how someone managed to type something so stupid and devoid of any connection to reality. It's impressive.

17. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Kind of weird to quote someone and then start talking about yourself, but I guess you just don’t know how things work yet. Interneting is hard, huh?

18. Banning people is more fun than it should be.

sebastianrcgr, Arry, KyleK and 4 others like this.
  19. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

lol god ur such a nerd. mr galaxy brain over here

i also don't understand that if you like the self titled, how do you not like after laughter?? the progression makes so much sense