Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon Opening Up Nascar Pre-Race Show

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Kinda weird but alright. Anybody else go
    to his shows this past tour to half filled venues? Was surprised given how popular gaslight reached

3. clucky

Trusted Supporter

His show in Seattle was completely sold out

GEM37 and Jason Tate like this.
  4. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

I saw him last week in Denver and that place was packed - way more than I expected it to be anyway. Shrug. Didn't expect this NASCAR news either but oh well. Shrug X 2.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. DUCKWORTH.

This was shot during soundcheck of his Santa Ana, CA show, which felt damn near close to a sold out show. His LA show sold out a few days later too.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

San Francisco checking in, show was sold out as well.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Cleveland has been sold out for awhile now. I am so excited for tomorrow!

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Portland was a very close to sold out

9. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Huh. I saw the Austin show and they played a large venue but they had the curtain down from the soundboard with the whole other back half unused but yeah turnout was kinda poor compared to other shows I’ve seen there. A buddy in Burlington Vermont saw him last year up there and said same thing and the venues the same size

10. Tata Toothy

Regular

I love this guy and the gaslight anthem. I wonder how the nascar crowd will react. It seems odd.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  11. ARo24

Regular

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is pumped.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  12. transrebel59

Regular

People on here probably don't want to hear this but Nascar fans are the exact demographic he should be going for. Brian's music has always had that Springsteen/blue collar thing going on. I've always thought him, Frank Turner, Dave Hause, and Chuck Ragan need to stop touring with alternative/indie rock bands and try to get on tours with people like Chris Stapleton, Kacey Musgraves, Eric Church or Sturgill Simpson.

AshlandATeam and Turkeylegz like this.
  13. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I was going to post this haha

I'd love for any of those people to tour with any of those people.

14. DUCKWORTH.

I produced and directed the piece, and I’m with you. I’m a gigantic fan of Brian/his band/Gaslight. I thought the same thing, that in a weird way, his music would connect with the crowd. I still believe that. It will be prominent in Saturday’s race, and then again in 2 weeks when he have another night race. “Prayers” will also play as the theme to the all-star race in 3 weeks. I’m not sure if it connects with the Nascar crowd (because i don’t either), but I’m going to give it a try.

Joe4th and Collin Skeen like this.
  15. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

His shows in Philadelphia and New Jersey next week are sold out. The other shows are coming close to it.

16. AshlandATeam

Trusted

St. Louis was sold out (and Kansas City was, though that show got canceled because of weather). Also, opening for him was a country singer who's married to Kacey Musgrove. So it definitely doesn't feel weird for the NASCAR crows to like him.

Plus, Painkillers is straight up Americana, right? That whole record probably could have been on CMT.