Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Swedish DJ Avicii Passes Away at 28

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Billboard:

“It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii,” his publicist Diana Baron said in a statement. “He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th. The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given.”

2. tomtom94

Trusted

Holy fuck that's way too young.

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Very sad. RIP.

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

This is so sad. RIP.

Been reading up on his activity recently since I was never really a fan. Looks like he's had some serious health issues since 2016 that resulted in him cancelling all his touring commitments.

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit. WAY too young. R.I.P.

6. chcougar1

Trusted

Wow. Rest In Peace.

7. delvec19

Trusted

Loved a lot of his stuff. Talented kid what a shame.

8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Fuck, really sad news. I’ve always enjoyed his songs, it’s crazy to think how young he broke through if he was 28 *NOW*... Rest In Peace.

9. Stevangelion

We Can (Not) Make It Alone.

Oh wow. Holy shit. RIP. Huge blow to the EDM/electronic scene and music in general, kid had talent in his field, such a shame way too young.

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yep, always sad to lose someone so young but it very rarely happens while the person is still this huge. Such a shame. The EDM scene had a few tough moments lately, it seems.

11. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

this statement is on his website:

-------------

WE ALL REACH A POINT IN OUR LIVES AND CAREERS WHERE WE UNDERSTAND WHAT MATTERS THE MOST TO US.
    For me it’s creating music. That is what I live for, what I feel I was born to do.

Last year I quit performing live, and many of you thought that was it. But the end of live never meant the end of Avicii or my music. Instead, I went back to the place where it all made sense – the studio.

The next stage will be all about my love of making music to you guys. It is the beginning of something new.

Hope you´ll enjoy it as much as I do.

-----------------

so tragic...

12. Gallhammer

Angry Lesbian / Music Lover

Oh wow, this is incredibly sad. RIP.

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RIP fuck

15. lightning

RIP. :worried::heart:

16. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

That's actually been up there since August 2017.

Such a tragic loss. I just saw on Facebook within the past week or so a reminder about comment I'd posted in 2013 about how I didn't like country or EDM, but somehow Avicii was one of my favorite new albums. It sounds like he really struggled with fame.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Jesus the details about his death are so sad and disturbing. Apparently he broke a wine bottle and stabbed himself in the neck.

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

fuck