Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Half Waif – “Back In Brooklyn”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. TheoW593

Regular

Woah. This is amazing.

3. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

So has anyone thought about why she announced that Pinegrove is definitely coming out with their new record and she’s eager to work with Evan? All the while she’s never said anything on the sexual coercion he was accused of or the horribly all over the place statement he made? The silence from the band has concerned me for a while.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah, i haven't listened to this song because i'm still struck by that statement. willing to give her a benefit of the doubt if she revises her statement because it's kind of fucked up to be put in a "gotcha" situation by the media but i really feel weird supporting her right now

Hazelnutsack likes this.
  5. TheoW593

Regular

Is it possible she knows something about the situation that you, basing your opinion off of a tweet, may not? Why construct your standards so haughtily when there's so much we still don't know?

6. cwhit

Regardless of what happened (and this was before all the punk talks stuff came out) it still looks to victims of abuse that this collaborator says she will support him artistically at any time. That’s not a good look

Hazelnutsack likes this.
  7. TheoW593

Regular

Did she say she would artistically support him no matter what? Or did she just support him during this time, in which she would likely know much more about it than us?

8. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

If she knows more then she should speak up about it since Evan gave the most piss poor “statement” that didn’t mention the specific accusations a single time

9. TheoW593

Regular

Yeah but maybe it's not her place to "clarify" or make a statement at all. We just don't know enough to judge imo

10. cwhit

“But I absolutely see myself continuing to be a collaborator as far as recording. Singing with Evan was how I got brought into the band, and eventually … how this project got started. I will always jump at the opportunity to sing with him and play with musicians who have now become my family.”

this is the quote. that last sentence puts such a bad taste in my mouth

Hazelnutsack likes this.
  11. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

I’m actually thinking differently a little now that the info about Punk Talks and especially this Sheridan woman came out, it seems like Evan’s horribly meandering statement was something he was pressured into doing against the victim’s wishes due to Sheridan intimidating him. This whole situation is such a total mindfuck.

TheoW593 likes this.