Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Solo’ Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. And it looks great!

3. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Honestly going in with low expectations. I heard that Ron Howard more or less made the same movie and that it was more a clashing of style with the actors/crew/director that led to the other directors exits.

I will say it's exciting that the tone seems to be more fun/western/heist movie, and I welcome a comedic tone. We already ultimately know what happens to Han Solo just show me something fun and light hearted.

4. Ellite25

Regular

The actor playing Han seemed pretty bad tbh.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  5. Saephon

Regular

I'm just here for Donald Glover. Thank you.

6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I'm loving all the stuff I've seen so far.

7. Yeah, this looks like a blast

coleslawed likes this.
  8. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Everything about this looks amazing except Han himself. I hope it ends up being good but he just doesn’t “have it” for me. There wasn’t anybody else? And I know he’s a good actor but for this I’m not sure. It’s only a trailer but the delivery is flat.

9. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I'm finding it hard to try and judge him, because it's such a tough position to put an actor in, and as a fan I'm not sure if I'd be impressed by anyone playing a character so strongly associated with a different actor. If he played it too close to Ford, people would knock that, and too different and it wouldn't work either. Can tell they've written it to try and capture the essence of what made Han cool, but I'll wait for the full movie to decide if he's hitting the delivery.

10. Jeremy

11. It was quite good

Aaron Mook likes this.