Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional – “Heart Beat Here” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Analog Drummer

Regular

I can never figure out the timing of releasing music videos these days

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I like it!

4. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Between this and the new This Wild Life music video, bands in the scene are clearly aware that wedding season is upon us.

RobJGolde and Jason Tate like this.
  5. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Touche, my friend hahaha

6. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I'm really looking forward to my playlist for my wedding this year (not that it will include those 2 songs, though I totally imagine will be hits at some weddings) - my family and the older guests (who am I kidding, most of my friends) aren't going to recognize anything.

DandonTRJ likes this.
  7. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Awesome.

8. kevinjordan

This Wild Life Verified

Hahaha, I'm so out of touch with what "wedding season" is that I claim ignorance! This track is amazing though. I feel like I've heard this song all my life, the melody is just so damn welcoming. Love it so much.

DandonTRJ likes this.
  9. DandonTRJ Apr 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2018)
    DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Haha, lean into it, man. Your oeuvre is strong. I nearly used Better With You in my wedding just on the strength of the chorus.

As for HBH, I chalked up the familiarity to its Lumineer vibes until I remembered that Chris played it live at Taste of Chaos a few years back, which goes to show how long the track was percolating before a proper release.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  10. DandonTRJ Apr 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2018)
    DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

I had a lot of fun with that dynamic at my wedding. Hellogoodbye’s “Coppertone” got prime placement during the reception, Panic! at the Disco’s “Always” was our cake-cutting song (the cake topper read “It Was Always You”), and Anberlin’s “You Belong Here” featured prominently in our wedding video highlight reel.

Congrats, by the way!

Analog Drummer likes this.
  11. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Thanks!

Still working on the order and timing, but a few songs I'm expecting to give prominent placement are Moneen's "There are a Million Reasons for Why this May Not Work...And Just One for Why It Will" (Quiet Side of Moneen EP version), Moving Mountain's "Abby Normal", Murder By Death's "Foxglove" and Dustin Kensrue's "Pistol". This process has made me realize a lot of my favourite songs, even those I thought romantic or touching, are more dark and depressing when you pay extra close attention to the lyrics (I'm looking at you Scott Hutchison and Andy Hull).