Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance – “Midnight Crusade” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

this is one of my favorite bands these days but what is up with Tillians voice here? Doesn't it sound scratchy or something here?

3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

just watched a different feed and its better :-)

4. Kaduck

Regular

Love this band, and I think they’ve gotten better with each release with Tillian. I just feel this song is lacking that DGD, technicality, sound. They’ve gotten a bit poppier each album, but always retained their sound in my opinion. Good song, but it seems a bit generic for them. Excited to hear more, and hopefully some good, fun, guitar tracks.

Gooddayz likes this.
  5. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

:heart::heart::heart:

6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

These seem like... real lyrics haha. Digging the song though

7. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I couldn't disagree more. I think the whole 'punk' vibe during Jon's verses is a new aspect, the chorus has some killer licks going on, and the breakdown/bridge has some really nice guitar interplay.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Arry like this.
  8. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i never really paid attention to this band pre-tillian, but he hooked me in with every release they've made so far. kinda of a guilty pleasure of mine

Bayside 182 and shawnhyphenray like this.
  9. BigMouth Apr 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2018)
    I feel exactly the same, minus the guilty pleasure. Gotta be proud of what you love! In any case, this song comes across as a weak first single for me but the band hasn't really disappointed yet. Mothership and "Summertime Gladness" were both some of their best work yet. I'm hyped for the record.

Also, Mess' lyrics on here are a TRIP, even more so than usual. Always makes me laugh.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  10. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

haha yeah, just feels very weird being the oldest person at a DGD show.

Bayside 182, Jake W and BigMouth like this.
  11. Yeah, I'm not sure if I could go to one of their shows. They actually don't seem that great live (based on live videos). I just have a lot of fun with the records.

12. OpenIntro

llama llama

The last tour where they played all of Mothership was friggin fantastic.

13. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I love this band so much. Unbelievably consistent in the best way, in my opinion.

14. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Love this one so much...Tilian's voice and that melody is perfect

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Mothership is my favorite DGD album but this song is better than half of the songs on it.