Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Second Anniversary of Chorus.fm

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Today marks the second anniversary of Chorus.fm. Sometimes it feels like the world is stuck in slow motion with so much news and chaos surrounding us and the days making the weeks feel like months. But then I also can’t figure out where the last two years went. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was saying goodbye to AbsolutePunk.net, and hoping that some readers would follow me here to Chorus. I want to thank all of you that have been reading the website the past two years. I’m finally coming to the point where I don’t feel like everything I’ve done has been defined by AP.net, and where what I’m doing now, this website, this community, can be something that at the very least fulfills me in a way that AbsolutePunk never really could. It’s like looking at pictures of what you wore in high-school and wanting to yell through time to buy clothes that fit. Chorus.fm feels like it fits me. And every day I feel lucky that it’s something that I get to do. So, thank you, all of you. Especially those that have become supporters and helped make this website everything that it is.

Here’s a run down some of the numbers from the last 12 months:

• 4,257 new articles posted on the main site. (9,402 total.)
    • 1,420,222 words have been published on Chorus.1
    • 1,002,023 new forum posts. (1,897,160 total.)
    • 47,191 new registered accounts. (81,957 total.)
    • 1,779,477 likes given out since last April.
    • 5,106 private message sent per month (average).

I’ve got a lot of things planned for this year. The goal is to improve the website and try some new things. As always, feel free to reach out to me on Twitter, email, or in the forums with thoughts, ideas, or concerns about the website. And if you like what we’re doing, please give our supporter options a look. If you can swing $3 a month to help us out, it would mean the world to me. It’s with the support of readers like you that we’re able to keep publishing and stay online.

1. I’m using a new tool to calculate the number of words published this year. It should be more accurate going forward. 730,299 of these words were written by me.

kwilcox, morken, Zoshchenko and 4 others like this.
  2. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Happy anniversary! Yes!

3. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

How is today the second anniversary of Chorus when I was awarded a two year trophy yesterday?

:chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin:

nfdv2 and CarpetElf like this.
  4. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Congratulations sir. You’ve done nice things with the place, I must say.

I enjoy the news, definitely a bathroom reading online stop for me pretty much daily (sorry TMI).

Thanks for keeping me in the know about the music I like. :)

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

still one of my favorite outlets. congrats!

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

nice subtle jab at potentially failed website chorus.fit

7. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Three cheers for 2 years :beer:

8. :-p

9. supernovagirl

yeah I feel less cool cause I wasn't an early adapter lol

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

my two year anniversary was in early march and even i was on the later end of the beta i think

lightning likes this.
  11. White

So we have multiple confirmed reports that this site is a broken heap of shit. Burn it down, start again.

Chorus.am.

TJ Wells and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  12. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

We have to move forward, not backwards.

Chorus.xm.

coleslawed and TJ Wells like this.
  13. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Doing great stuff here Jason. I appreciate everything your sites have done for me and they've been a positive influence on my life and changed it for the better. Thank you.

14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

15. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Thanks for introducing me to my wife that was cool of y’all

16. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

AP was me in my teens and twenties, Chorus is me in my 30's...scary to think what the 40 yr old version is going to be :scream:

Jason Tate and TJ Wells like this.
  17. White

Moving “forward” is how we got into this mess. If anything we need to go even further backwards. Allow me to present:

AP.net

(Note the AP this time stands for Acoustic Phonograph)

jjnunn118 likes this.
  18. Happy anniversary Chorus!

Since the traditional 2nd anniversary gift is cotton, I recommend a nice pair of custom Chorus Jockeys for Mr. Tate.

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

upload_2018-4-2_13-59-26.png

I did it!

20. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I thought about being that guy, but I decided against it. Thank you for doing it though so I could see how Jason responded ;-p

21. I soft launched the forums for people to check out and seed with comments earlier than the 1st. But the 1st is when I shut down AP.net and made the full switch. The LLC was created a few years before. I consider the 1st the anniversary of Chorus.fm being officially born and brought to the world.

anonimito and supernovagirl like this.
  22. supernovagirl

yeah I consider anything before that beta testing?
    ap 1 was launch day
    I WAS HERE SINCE DAY ONE OKAY

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

@Jason Tate thank you for bringing AP back practically. The past couple years I have been able to form legitimate friendships from this website and it really is a solid part of my daily routine that keeps me sane. Cheers to you sir!

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This site is what I wanted AbsolutePunk to be and I find the past two years have been so much more fun and engaging than my entire tenure on AP. Plus, I got rid of that hideous username so it all works out.

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. J.Dick

Regular

Jason: is the Podcast dead?

arcarsenal72 likes this.