Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Caleb Scofield of Cave In Passes Away

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

What a bummer, just started getting into Cave In too. Prayers for his family.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

so devastating

4. bloodinthesand

Regular

unreal

5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Hate seeing news like this. RIP

6. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

This is awful. From that article it sounds like it was just an absolutely devastating crash. This is terrible, I'm so sorry for his family and friends. I hadn't listened to them in forever, but have so many fond memories of me and my brother rocking out in his car circa '99. The evolution from their original sound was reminiscent of bands like codeseven and BTBAM's Colors album. Very tragic...

7. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

Rest in power man. Cave In 'Until your heart stops' got me SO HYPED back in the day. Also, Old Man Gloom rules.

8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I kinda wish I hadn't read the article omg I should've expected it of course but absolutely horrific

9. IATAvalanche

Regular

RIP

the youcare has raised over $73k as of now, this is incredible.

Aaron Mook, jorbjorb and Kuri44 like this.
  10. meekers

Very sad. That guy was an exceptional bassist too.

11. zachmacD

Trusted

I’ve never listed to cave in but that’s terrible. I was expecting to read that he was intoxicated due to the specifics of the accident. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RIP

13. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

An amazing musician with a killer voice. Beisdes Cave In and Old Man Gloom he also had his own project Zozobra, I deeply love the first album Harmonic Tremors.
    Really painful but it's been uplifting to see the donations coming in.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

It was probably a mix of bad luck and maybe some innocent distraction, maybe some issue with the truck, we'll never know. It was really just one of those things.
    Really makes you remember not to take things for granted. Even the most responsible people can't control everything. He was probably a kick-ass dad, not to mention cool as hell. Really sad.

15. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

RIP. Reading about so many accidents on the roads lately. Stay safe everyone