Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deftones Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Callum Macleod, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Couldn't seem to find a Deftones thread in this new forum. If there is one, if there is, let me know and I'll delete this one.

They've just dropped "Doomed User" on the Sirus XM page. Sounds great!

2. Deathco_019

Drummer

Album seems like it's shaping up to be pretty solid.

With that being said, I like this song and Prayers/Triangles, but neither are really capturing me beyond me thinking they're good. Looking forward to the album, but going in with moderate expectations for this one.

3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Listened to about half the new song through my iPhone speaker and wasn't really feeling too strongly about it one way or the other. I'm just gonna save the rest for when I listen to the album in full.

4. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I feel like I always prefer Deftones albums as a whole over hearing singles or individual tracks. :-)

5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This 100%.

About the only Deftones songs I ever want to put on outside the albums are "Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event" and "Be Quiet and Drive"

6. phaynes1

Regular

Still need to check this thing out. I feel like they've grown complacent. It's fine, happens to plenty of bands their age much sooner. I just have been caught up with more pressing albums lately.

7. Touring with Refused in August and luckily they will be in Boston. Probably going to have to go to that.

8. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I have returned.

KimmyGibbler, Kyle is hk and Cameron like this.
  9. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

10. LightWithoutHeat

It's not out yet.

KimmyGibbler and Kyle is hk like this.
  11. phaynes1

Regular

12. LightWithoutHeat

KimmyGibbler likes this.
  13. phaynes1

Regular

Oh weird

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

My hype is ready.

15. LightWithoutHeat

There are a bunch of B-Sides worth checking out as well.

KimmyGibbler and Kyle is hk like this.
  16. I got my advance today and I'm diving into it now

Cameron likes this.
  17. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

please let us know your thoughts

18. Hearts/Wires is a standout so far for me

19. LightWithoutHeat

theprp reviewed it. Stoked to get this thing now.

20. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

i need this

21. JM95

Trusted

Apparently the second half is where it really turns it on, which is promising given I like Prayers/Triangles and Doomed User and they're supposed to be two of the most 'straight' songs on the album.

22. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

"As with any Deftones release, “Gore” isn’t an album that you’ll easily digest. It’s something you’ll likely be dissecting and finding new puzzle pieces for with each listen for weeks to come. A brave display of just how far this band have come since their nu metal days and definitive proof that the creative flame they share is still burning bright."

This is exactly what I expected from the boys. I cannot wait to get my hands on this.

23. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

$70 for a ticket at the Myth 8/16. Yeesh.

24. Wooks review got me really excited again. I'm hoping for some weird, out there tracks.

25. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

"Prayers/Triangles" and "Doomed User" are growing on me more and more with each listen. Assuming that they aren't near the best tracks on the album, I'm super stoked to hear the rest. Honestly, I don't know if this band is capable of releasing an album I won't love.

Cameron likes this.