Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Perform “Dammit” at Musink

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Wow, can't believe Matt still uses a teleprompter...

brendanmachow likes this.
  3. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Where do you see a teleprompter? Pretty sure the thing on the monitor is just a set list...

4. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Definitely lyrics, if you look closely you can see paragraphs were verses would be.

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hell yeah thats a teleprompter holy lol

6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I guess if it is a teleprompter, maybe he figures “better safe than sorry!”

7. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

311 also uses teleprompters, but then again they never play the same set twice, let alone twice in a row, and play tons of deep cuts.

Jackbo487 and Larry David like this.
  8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Definitely a better safe than sorry scenario. This show was a blast but I'd still love to see them in a small venue where the whole crowd goes off.

9. AshlandATeam

Trusted

It's weird to me to criticize a guy for using a teleprompter who's got 8 records with his main band that they have, on more than one occasion recently, played front to back live, has at least three or four side project albums he's written, and who's now responsible for 20-30 songs from a band spanning two decades of work, none of which he wrote. Like... dude has a lot of lyrics floating around in his head, and the bulk of blink fans are far from forgiving or gracious towards the guy who replaced their golden calf Tom. It'd be impressive if he DIDN'T need some help lyrically. To me, that's no difference than the click track Travis has in his ear the whole show - this is a lot of songs to get right.

Also, Travis is a fucking national treasure. May he live forever.

10. razorburn

Trusted

Agreed. The Skiba hate is totally unwarraned.

RedDotRecording likes this.
  11. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I’m a fan of both Skiba and Tom. They both have their pluses and minuses. I feel like Tom has more minuses! Especially live! I’ve seen some train wrecks! But I’ve also seen them play flawless so who knows! But Skiba has always been one of my favorites and same with Blink so it seems like the best of both worlds

12. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

To be fair, he’s singing Tom’s parts and it’s hard to hear what he’s saying through that accent.

13. brendanmachow

not a doctor

The way Tom speaks might as well be a dead language.

Kyle Max and chewbacca110 like this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I have no problem with a teleprompter on stage like that.

heymattrick likes this.
  15. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

No one should care about him using a teleprompter. It's better than a fan having a ruined moment because a singer miffs some words.

heymattrick likes this.
  16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

*insert link of Tom mush-mouthing Dumpweed at a festival shortly before leaving the band*

natefoundglory and slimfenix182 like this.
  17. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I’d rather have him try to sing the right words rather than that clown Tom mail in every show and with sloppy guitar playing.

18. gbuffers

England.

To be fair you can't hear Matt, Mark, Tom or anyone in the video so it's all good.

19. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Id rather have Matt reading the correct lyrics then hear a bunch of Tom's over pronounced vowels attack and ruin the songs I grew up with.

20. Jackbo487

Regular

Not to mention so many of their 20+ year old songs have SO MUCH excessive lyrics, and the fact that they've smoked weed forever, so....yeah, Nick probably could use the reminder lol

chewbacca110 likes this.
  21. 44DeLonge

hahaha this is not blink 182! FU Matt Skiba and your telepromter hahaha. And no I am not Tom DeLonge I am just a fan from day one who loves blink 182 with Tom DeLonge and without him it's just a bad blink 182 cover band....

swboyd likes this.
  22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Can’t believe you’re still doing this.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  23. MacbethSin

Regular

Bruh...it's been years...

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  24. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I respect your gimmick. Good show, sir or madam.

25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Travis' drum set up is still so weird looking to me. Everything is so flat.