Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John O’Callaghan of the Maine Is Releasing a Book

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

John O’Callaghan of The Maine is releasing a book full of his tweets:

For the last 8 or so years I have committed (more or less) to “tweeting” once a day, however long and mysterious or short and sarcastic it may be. I don’t claim to possess the secret of life or the trick to being happy or the migratory patterns of the robin, I just have a brain and some thoughts, two thumbs and a twitter so I decided to just kinda stuck with it. In this book, I’ve compiled 365 of my favorite tweets to date (that’s a full year for those of you who believe in that sort of thing) for you to chew on.

2. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Hard pass.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. Fucking Dustin Mar 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 22, 2018)
    Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

You can also get the book for free online at twitter.com

(I'm sure there's more to the actual book though but when you get an underhand pitch you have to swing)

4. Dead_Presley

Huh...uhhh, alright I guess?

5. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

Ugh. I'm really feeling my age, because, while I'm sure many of his younger fans will find this very appealing, I find it profoundly embarrassing.

6. Man. I love The Maine, but if this is where we're at in the literary world I should really collect my spiciest takes and release a book.

supernovagirl and Jason Tate like this.
  7. transrebel59

Regular

We are very overdue for a new Revolution On Canvas.

Jonathan likes this.
  8. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Love the Maine, really do, but a book of tweets

9. Adam LaRue

I'm old

Seems to be a bit self-important/masturbatory.

At the end of the day, if their super-fans are buying this, and the band makes a healthy profit, who am I to judge?

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this is lame.

11. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Enjoy their music but man you gotta feel pretty self important to try to sell a book of your own tweets.

12. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

During my AP staff days, I made an April Fool's post about John releasing a book of short poems based on his social media updates, so this is funny to me.

Adam LaRue likes this.