Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Proposes New Accessibility Emojis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Emojipedia:

In a submission to the Unicode Consortium today, Apple has proposed a suite of new “accessibility emojis”.

New emojis proposed include a guide dog, hearing aid, prosthetic limbs, as well as people using canes and different types of wheelchairs.

jorbjorb likes this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

one of those things you don't notice is absent until pointed out and then you're like "what the fuck how do these not exist already"

3. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

A few of the emojis available before this was even proposed: vampires, genies, mermaids, a second snowman variant, a second dragon variant, a second calendar variant...this proposal should’ve come sooner.

Raku and Turkeylegz like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm getting really mad thinking about how many asshole teens will probably send their friends wheelchair emojis

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'd love to get statistics on what emojis are actually used. Pulling numbers out of my ass here, but I feel like 98% of emojis are are used by less than 2% of people.

6. Emoji Statistics

Mr. Serotonin and trevorshmevor like this.
  7. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

trevorshmevor and Jason Tate like this.
  8. I just knew cause I read that site I linked pretty frequently heh. Good emoji stuff on there.

;-p<- my fave

CyberInferno likes this.
  9. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

i've been pretty fond of the sitting monkey emoji lately.

Raku likes this.
  10. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

The zen yoga guy is my current fave

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I looked at that stat site and I am shocked and appalled cause I use the blowfish emoji all the time because it's adorable but it's actually not adorable to apple users. Like I think I'm being cute and they're receiving a creepy threatening fish.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

As a guide dog user, this makes me (and Howard) very very happy. Thanks for posting about it, Jason!

summertimejesus and Jason Tate like this.