Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Love, Simon’ Soundtrack Released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. TheTagalongs

"Never Fall In Love" with Jack and MO is nuts.

3. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I've already said this in a few threads today, but this movie is great and the soundtrack is amazing. I left the theater and immediately listened to Troye Sivan "Strawberries & Cigarettes" in my car.

SuNDaYSTaR and heymattrick like this.
  4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Such a good soundtrack and movie too!

5. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

I just raced through the book the film is based on after hearing all the amazing reviews the movie was getting. I have to admit, I'm mildly disappointed by this track listing, even though it looks great. In the book, the character of Simon specifically mentions listening to Tegan and Sara and Passion Pit (which made me very happy), so a bit bummed there's nothing from either one of them on here.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Check the movie out. It deserves success

DearCory and smowashere like this.
  7. somethingwitty

Trusted

Being gay myself, I thought the movie was slightly patronizing. I remember being closeted in my teens, and granted everyone's experience is different but it felt a little over exaggerated in the film.

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

One of my oldest friends came out to me a couple years ago. Still couldn't be more happy for him. He's now married and in such a better place.

This movie was a great watch. Soundtrack was super fitting too. I see this movie being one of the classics, like Pretty In Pink/Breakfast Club classic.

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

This movie was fucking delightful.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  10. Spenny

Regular

I really want to go watch this movie this week. I didn't come out until my second year of university, but I feel this will be a relatable and much-appreciated movie.

Did most of these songs come out before this soundtrack? I know most of the Bleachers songs did, but that Troye Sivan song and the Khalid/Normani collab are fire and super happy to be able to add them to my current playlist.

11. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

It sucks to read this because, based on the trailer, I thought the movie was much more down-to-earth and honest about what it's like to come out as a teenager.

I did some research and noticed that while the movie was directed by a gay man, the book was written by a straight woman, which might have something to do with the overall tone of the story.

12. I think you should see it, the response from the gay community has been very positive.

13. SuNDaYSTaR Mar 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 19, 2018)
    SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Oh, don't get me wrong, I absolutely want to see it. I was just a little thrown off by that one comment, especially since virtually every review I've read so far said it was an instant classic.