Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify Testing Voice Control of App

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Spotify is testing voice control of their iOS app. Casey Newton of The Verge got a chance to try it out:

Tap it and you’ll get a brief walkthrough of the search feature, which is currently available only in English. After giving Spotify access to your phone’s microphone, you can tap the mic icon and speak your command. If Spotify understands you, it will begin playing the song, artist, album, or playlist you want.

2. merkky

Since Spotify is a Swedish company my guess is that this is a reaction to Swedens hard stance against using your phone while driving. A new law just came into effect that says you can't hold a phone in your hand while driving. Don't know about the rest, I never use my phone for any form of social behaviour while driving except from taking calls, which you can easily just use a headset for. But I still use Spotify for music every single time I drive, and sometimes you just want to change your tune. Voice control for Spotify could remedy that.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  3. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

I dont normally get excited about technology but this feature makes me wet.

The amount of times i have considered switching to apple music just so i can use voice control while driving to change playlist.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  4. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I really just want them to bring lyrics back?

merkky likes this.