Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘TRL’ Facing Some Changes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

TMZ is reporting that MTV’s TRL is moving time slots and changing up, again:

A spokesperson says the show will be back in new “daily late night and morning shows this summer.” The rep adds the show’s been a huge success since its return.

I still don’t get why this show exists.

2. lol

3. ARo24

Regular

The only show I watched was the FOB one and after hearing that kid with face tats say the word lit a thousand times I will not be watching again.

slimfenix182 and skogsraet like this.
  4. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it.

5. dorfmac

Trusted

it exists because it's basically the only time MTV shows music, right?

6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

The best change they could make? Cancel that garbage.

7. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

That's what happens when there's not 100 kids outside the studio screaming for Backstreet Boys.

8. dtbjerke

Regular Supporter

The show has been a huge success since returning... so we're changing time slots.

9. BradBradley

Regular

They're making a lot of progress over at TRL. It has been a HUGE success. The only people not watching it are LOSERS, like that crooked cheater Hilary from 7th period. SAD.

10. silentc

Regular

I just heard this show was canceled

11. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I watched for Brockhampton and the hosts were super cringy. One of them kept saying stuff like “I bet someone will photoshop this” in a thinly veiled effort to create a viral moment. If they keep putting cool bands on though, it might last. Idk. Tbh i don’t know how anything on TV makes a profit in 2018

Contender likes this.
  12. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

real glad they fired their incredible writing staff to do this. so worth it and definitely a good move. :teethsmile:

13. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Ok, Marty. If you say so.

14. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Nobody else loved TRL growing up?

I miss music videos being worthwhile and well-produced. Would watch if it were up to par with the original.

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The show didn't make sense. They didn't show music videos, so they weren't going to get the nostalgia crowd and kids weren't going to tune in for one musical guest. Not to mention the hosts were walking "tbhlitfam" parodies. It was terrible.

16. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I don't get why MTV still exists

17. Iamhollywood315

Regular

MTV is just pure trash. Who even watches it anymore

18. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I wish MTV would play music videos more.

carrytheweird likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

Video has always made me laugh

20. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

You all need to get on that MTV channel that just plays music videos all day it's the beeeest YouTube whoooo

Essie likes this.
  21. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I still think there are plenty of bands making good music videos. But I don't need to watch MTV to see them - so I don't.