Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bigwig Announce Some Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bigwig have announced a few East Coast tour dates.

March 22 Brooklyn Bazaar Brooklyn NY
    March 23 Atlantic City Beer Fest Atlantic City NJ
    March 24 McGarvey’s Altoona, PA
    March 25 White Eagle Music Hall Jersey City, NJ

2. Lucyford7

BrynneC.

The band from Milwaukee? Formerly known as The Midwestern Charm? Loved the EP and the last full length from Midwestern on Texas is Funny.

3. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

No. The beloved New Jersey punk band Bigwig that were on Fearless Records and Fueled By Ramen.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  4. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

Why? What possible reason is there for Bigwig to go on tour? Jesus.

5. TerrancePryor

Seeing how they're from New Jersey and these dates are primarily in the Northeast area....yeah. Plus, they tend to only play festivals, so this is different.

EDIT: I updated some info on these shows

March 22 Brooklyn Bazaar Brooklyn NY (w/ Iron Chic)
    March 23 Atlantic City Beer Fest Atlantic City NJ (w/ Descendents)
    March 24 McGarvey’s Altoona, PA (w/ Richie Ramone)
    March 25 White Eagle Music Hall Jersey City, NJ (w/ Mighty Mighty Bosstones) (sold out)

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Why is this band playing shows! Why!?! Who could ever know?!! Whyyyyyy?

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  7. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

Im from New Jersey and I specifically remember them being despised by just about everyone.

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

what? is this a troll?

9. LightsOut

Regular

Whats the problem with bigwig seriuously! ? They played at least 7-8 show here in quebec over the last 2 years. They’ll play the rockfest in montebello in june. What did i miss about them?

10. TerrancePryor

I'm from New Jersey, too, and I know that everyone loves them. You're thinking of Youth In Revolt. Nobody in New Jersey likes that band.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

Fuuuuuuck

Haven't heard this name in forever! Used to play shows with them back in '04ish. Awesome guys!

12. terps12

Regular

You must be confused. Bigwig was a staple of the late 90s/early 2000s in New Jersey. Not sure why you and your friends don't like them but a lot of people in this area did/still do. It's great that they've returned and their live shows are a lot of fun.

13. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

nope, I specfically remember seeing them at Wayne Firehouse with Catch 22 and The Ataris. People were booing and there were people literally holding up signs that just said 'FUCK BIGWIG'. im not crazy.

14. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Bigwig is awesome. Really glad I got see them last October at fest.