Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything Sign with Dine Alone Records

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Say Anything have signed with Dine Alone Records and will be releasing their new Will Yip produced album later this year. Brooklyn Vegan has the following quote from Max Bemis:

It is surreal to have a new home for Say Anything. It’s been a minute since that’s been the case and I’m totally excited that we’ll now be working with the wonderful Dine Alone Records. I’ve been a fan of the label for a long time and am full on stoked to release our new Will-Yip-produced LP with them. The record is a bit different from the last one (blah blah as always) and is going to be an involved, weird organism, but one I am glad to entrust to Dine Alone. If you’re in Texas come see us play with our (OMG) labelmates …..And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead to celebrate the occasion.

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

Cool to see Will Yip on this one. I sure hope this one is better than the last.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

SA and JEW on the same label. Dine Alone knows what they're doing to get my money.

4. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Really proud of Dine Alone and the bands they've been signing for a while now. I always get excited when their vinyl pre-orders are ready and I can bike over to their house to pick it up.

coleslawed, cwhit and Dan O'Neill like this.
  5. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I’ve been listening to I Don’t Think It Is and Hebrews SO much lately. I cannot wait for new jams.

My buddy works with Will Yip in his studio, but he wouldn’t tell me a peep about what the new album is like when I asked, haha.

6. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

These guys have been snatching great artists left and right for a little while now. I wonder what's going to happen to his imprint, though.

Turkeylegz and Dan O'Neill like this.
  7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Curious to see how he manages to make a worse sounding album than the last couple!

8. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Love that he keeps going. I always worry he is going to hang it up.

9. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Seems a good match.

Always will listen to new Say Anything even if I couldn't really get into the last one.

10. AutopilotYears

Regular

hopefully the production isn't a complete shit-show this time around

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I haven't enjoyed anything since the self-titled but I still give each album a fair listen. I'm excited for this.

Youarcade likes this.
  12. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

He hinted at this way back on "The Futile". Cool to see him come full-circle.

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Think this will be a great one.

14. torres

Regular

YAY! Let's rejoice in the failures of artists and resent them for continuing their musical careers instead of them finding something else to do. If Say Anything actually does manage to make a worse sounding album than the last couple, it sure would be great, wouldn't it?

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  15. jorbjorb

7 rings

Max is that you?

SEMUSIC and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  16. torres

Regular

Nope, my name is Chris. However, like you, I do also hope that this record is better than the last, even though I did enjoy a number of songs from it.

jorbjorb likes this.
  17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Chris CONLEY? FRIEND OF MAX?

I'm not HOPING it's bad, but he's been pretty fucking impressive at making the WORST production choices I've heard in a while. Curious to see how he tops it this time

SuNDaYSTaR and jorbjorb like this.
  18. KyleK

A good first step was hiring a producer instead of doing it himself like last time.

19. Will Yip worked on the last record.

20. KyleK

Didn't he just do the mixing though? Not that there shouldn't maybe be criticism of his role in that too, but I had the impression Max was producer for Hebrews, and he and Darren King were producer for I Don't Think It Is - with Yip doing the mixing.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  21. Dan O'Neill

Regular

The album credits confirm this, yeah! Yip didn’t produce IDTII, he just mixed it.

I think the production works for those songs, but I wouldn’t want every album to sound that way.