Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI Release ‘Sing the Sorrow’ Anniversary Bundle

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

AFI have posted up a Sing the Sorrow anniversary bundle on their store:

It’s hard to believe that 15 years have passed since the release of our sixth studio album, Sing the Sorrow. Since then, we’ve released four albums and are fortunate enough to have you awaiting all of those to come. In recognition of this milestone, we have created a Sing the Sorrow anniversary bundle, complete with a t-shirt, tote bag, and poster – all in the spirit of the era.

This album holds up surprisingly well. I’d be down for a vinyl repress.

fenway89 likes this.
  2. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I followed the link thinking the bundle was part of an anniversary repress - it was my mistake for misunderstanding the post. Imagine my disappointment! Definitely one of the more influential albums in developing my taste in music in high school. I don't listen to AFI much anymore, but I agree that Sing the Sorrow (and Decemberunderground) holds up well.

Saephon and Jason Tate like this.
  3. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

So annoying how Sing The Sorrow isn’t on UK Apple Music.

Love the band and can’t wait to see what they do next.

4. gbuffers

England.

This album is literally right at the top of my 'Most Wanted Vinyls'

That post made my heart beat stop a little bit... Only to be disappointed by a lacklustre bundle!!

Has there ever been talk of a vinyl repress?

5. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Can’t think of another album that caused a bigger shift in my musical tastes as a teenager. Gonna have to give this a spin later today.

6. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Yeah this album is dope. I was a little embarrassed to listen to it say 8 years ago but have found a new love for it in the last few years.

7. CSWAPPO

Regular

REPRESS IT ALREADY!

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Limewire memories

9. elroyo

you just got me to check prices on discogs, holy shit thats crazy. i think i've played mine once or twice, never thought it would be worth that much.

also, this "bundle" is trash, what a sorry excuse for an anniversary.

10. Saephon

Regular

STS and decemberunderground represses would be most welcome. Extremely defining albums of my teenage angst years.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They really need to repress this and DECEMBERUNDERGROUND.

Davjs and Oskarr like this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is still one of my favorite albums of all time

JamesMichael and mattylikesfilms like this.
  13. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Loved this album. Admittedly the last album I've listened to was December Underground, I need to find time to catch up.

14. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Crash Love has some great b-sides to Sing The Sorrow and DU on the deluxe I recommend checking out.

KyleK and Jared Luttrell like this.
  15. Gen Handley

Regular

Would love this on vinyl - amazing album.

16. Saephon

Regular

I also recommend Burials. Crash Love didn't do much for me, but I thought Burials would have made way more sense if it had come after december