Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hedley Fans Target Tattoo Artist After She Offered to Cover Up Band Art for Free

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Emma Prestwich, writing for HuffPost:

A Toronto tattoo artist says she is weary of the backlash after she offered to cover up tattoos related to B.C. band Hedley for free. […] “I’m just a tattoo artist who wanted to do a nice thing, and it is incredibly overwhelming fielding all the anger.”

People have accused her of trying to get attention for her business, taking advantage of a “shitty situation,” and criticized her for believing anonymous accusations.

2. shawnhyphenray

Regular

This is the first I'm hearing about these allegation and that's all I'm going to say.

3. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Pretty sick of band fans attacking everyone involved in these situations, ranging from the victims to people like this who try and support people impacted. If a small business owner wants to give up income to help people do this, that's their business. The tribalism is so inexplicable to me.

skogsraet and carrytheweird like this.
  4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

stan culture can get very toxic. how can you defend this band when he's admitted it. it's terrible how they're treating this woman.

fenway89 likes this.
  5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

People are garbage.

6. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Wow. I used to liked one of these guys songs. Can't even remember which one but sheesh such garbage people obviously.

7. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Wtf? this is truly wild. why would anyone even have a problem with this?!

I heard of other artist too doing this for brand new tattoos.

Honeymagnolia likes this.
  8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

@Jason Tate why is this user in every single thread about allegations?

tyramail and Arry like this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I literally had never heard of this band until the allegations... is that normal if I'm American? Apparently they're massive

Brent likes this.
  10. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Y’know, sometimes it’s okay to say nothing if you have nothing to add!

Anyway, sucks for this artist. It’s still a very nice service to offer and I hope if anyone wants a cover-up, they’re able to get in and get it done.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  11. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Umm all I said is that this is the first I’ve heard about this...
    And I’m commenting on this one specifically because I was a fan of the band when I was younger

12. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Their first album got pretty popular in the US, but nothing really after that but yes they’re huge in Canada

13. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

This is a very relevant and important statement, thank you.

Raku likes this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I feel like he has denied it though? Right? I was just looking at his twitter and it seems like he isn't accepting ANY responsibility. Maybe I misread it though.

15. jorbjorb

7 rings

He released a statement through his lawyer denying the rape accusations.

16. KyleK

They're definitely a prime example of how some bands can be huge in Canada while not anywhere else (Marianas Trench and Matthew Good (Band) are other examples that come to mind). Never could stand Hedley's music or public personas.

17. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I stand by everything you said, especially that last part.

I also think Billy Talent should be added to that list; they can't even fill dive bars in the States.

18. Analog Drummer

Regular

They’re popular in other non US countries

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  19. KyleK

I'd considered including them too, but wasn't as sure how they draw outside of Canada.

Cancer Bats are the rare example of the opposite, a band that seems to kill outside of Canada, especially in the UK, but doesn't get too much attention here (glad to see their Hail Destroyer 10-year shows in Toronto are finally selling out having been on sale for a few months).

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  20. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Yeah, they've headlined festivals and such in Europe.

Analog Drummer likes this.