Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Watch A Day to Remember Cover Alkaline Trio Live

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

So...there's pro-shot footage of this set??? More please.

3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I miss this band. It's cool that Matt has been doing the Blink stuff but I would like to see him get back with Alkaline and make some new music. Can't believe their last album was 5 years ago.

dorfmac, BKO5950505 and The Format like this.
  4. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Yeeeah the blink stuff has been fun. Back to Alk3 for a bit now?

SkyGrowsBigger and Bayside 182 like this.
  5. The Format

Regular

We need a Goddammit 20 year tour.

6. bestofmoss Mar 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 8, 2018)
    bestofmoss

Regular

lol @ the singer doing his head pointing and chest pounding tough guy act for this cover

Does Alkaline Trio still tour? I'd love to see them again.

Shrek, Tylar and I Am Mick like this.
  7. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

They do a date here and there but haven't had a real tour in a few years. They never disbanded or anything as far as I'm aware so hopefully they get back out there soon.

bestofmoss likes this.
  8. don't fret

I thought they cancelled because he had surgery and couldn't sing...?

9. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

This video is from 2016.

don't fret likes this.
  10. dzyjay

Regular

No ones commenting on how rad this is?

11. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Song is awesome.

Jeremy’s rapper hands on an A.T. song was cringeworthy.

Shrek likes this.
  12. dorfmac

Trusted

alk3 matt, especially from the pre-crimson era, is the best version of matt. for so many reasons, but mostly because that was back when he realized cops sucked.

Daniel182 likes this.
  13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i saw this at the Saratoga date and Jeremy's stage presence is just hard to watch from first song to closing moments

carrytheweird likes this.
  14. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I feel like he didn't used to be that bad, but then again I stopped really following after Homesick. CC had a few tracks I liked, which I payed attention to solely because of the controversy with Victory records. Was it ever confirmed their bassist was abusive and soliciting nudes as well? Or was that IAU guy making it up for attention? It was my reason for disconnecting from the band.

Shrek likes this.
  15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

yeah, he definitely used to have a more natural presence about him, his goofiness seems to scale with the size of the venue. i can appreciate he's trying to put on a show but sometimes less is more. i don't remember any rumors about soliciting nudes, i just remember that one big prevalent rumor from the FTWHH/Homesick days that one of the members had someone in a smaller band perform oral sex on them in front of a crowd as a means to pay for their studio time. it was so long ago that i don't remember if there was even a true source to it but it certainly made the rounds.

16. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Gross. Seems to be completely swept under the rug. I recall a girl having a statement made about their bassist and the shitty things he did, or had her do. It's been years and I can't seem to find anything relevant to the issue in a google search.

Shrek likes this.
  17. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

That definiely was the rumor involving their former guitarist Tom who looked like someone who would definitely do something like that. Dude has creeper written all over him.

18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org