Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Lottery Hackers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jason ***one, writing for HuffPost:

So perhaps it was only fitting that at age 64, Jerry found himself contemplating that most alluring of puzzles: the lottery. He was recently retired by then, living with Marge in a tiny town called Evart and wondering what to do with his time. After stopping in one morning at a convenience store he knew well, he picked up a brochure for a brand-new state lottery game. Studying the flyer later at his kitchen table, Jerry saw that it listed the odds of winning certain amounts of money by picking certain combinations of numbers.

That’s when it hit him. Right there, in the numbers on the page, he noticed a flaw—a strange and surprising pattern, like the cereal-box code, written into the fundamental machinery of the game.

These kinds of stories suck me in like no other.

Raku and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This is amazing, I'm only at the part where WinFall ends, but I can tell there is a lot more awesomeness to come

3. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Was really confused at why his name was bleeped out at first.

teebs41 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

so good. my ap stats teacher would love this shit. i also thought all states had the lottery! that's wild.

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I always say "when I win the lottery..." but I've never actually bought a lottery ticket before

Arry, teebs41, Jason Tate and 2 others like this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Just read this entire thing, great read! But wow that was long. Good for Jerry!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. Interesting read. I grew less fond of the players as the story went on.