Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore – “Rose Colored Boy” (Mix 2)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

An audiophile may pick up on subtle differences in the mix but to the average listener like myself, what exactly is different here? Sounds identical to the album version to me?

3. ramres

Next Show: Bombay Bicycle Club -- 3/19

I'm not much of an audiophile either, but I put on some headphones and noticed that the playful synths that come in the second verse are louder, the synths at the beginning of the bridge are also louder, and there's an echo of the word "weather" at the very end of the song in the original, that's taken off in this mix.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the mix is just how loud each track is, basically. if you listened to both you can hear some of the instruments are louder or quieter, seems that the synth stuff is more prominent here

5. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I was really hoping it would be some alternate vocal takes or some other more significant changes. I just wonder who really this was targeted to?

6. ibanez966

I would love to hear the original version of Caught in the Middle that they've talked about

7. ianzandi

Regular

Hoping this means a huge Summer push for this song. One of my favorite tracks

mercury likes this.
  8. sukottokairu

Regular

it sounds better to me, like all the instrumental parts are more defined instead of just kinda blending together

9. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Even listening on my macbook air speakers there's some pretty noticeable differences. guitars in the chorus' are a lot louder, the synth in the second verse is way up. not sure if i prefer it to the original, but its a nice thing to hear.

10. Alternate versions > Alternate mixes

11. jorbjorb

7 rings

damn. I would love the whole album to be mixed like this.