Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sorority Noise Go on Hiatus; Stream New Acoustic LP

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Sorority Noise will be going on hiatus after their upcoming tour. You can find the band’s announcement, along with a stream of their new acoustic LP, below.

hello all,
    this may come as unexpected news but after our upcoming US/UK tours, Sorority Noise will be going on hiatus. This is something i’ve been thinking about for a few months and i think it’s in my heart and mind’s best interest to take a break from the band for a while.

thank you all so much for your endless support and i know i speak for everyone when i say that these past few years have been beyond our wildest imaginations.

in our time away, use this opportunity to find new bands, ones you might not normally listen to, and listen to what they have to say.

ynaayt is streaming early everywhere now and our tour starts in a week.
    take care of yourselves and we’ll hopefully talk to you soon.

cam

2. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Sad news.

Hope everything is ok with Cam. They all keep busy with numerous different projects so must take it out of you.

Will always check out projects they are involved in.

CMilliken likes this.
  3. CSWAPPO

Regular

:verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad:

4. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Rough news. I wonder if he'll focus on Old Gray for a bit, or just take a break from music entirely.

5. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

that's a bummer. convinced me to buy tickets for the seattle date.

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

definitely not old gray, small circle if anything

web250 likes this.
  7. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Didn't realize he had another band, I'll check it out.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

easily his best imo. he's also had a few other projects throughout the years but those are long dead

9. grimis16

Regular

damn

10. I'm not a huge fan of small circle, but maybe I'll give them another listen. This is definitely sad, with SN and Mobo gone, I feel like all of the bands with more intelligent/interesting takes on pop punk are bowing out. Hopefully some new bands rise up and fill the gaps.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  11. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

:verysad:

12. nemotheemofish

i am bummed about this, but mental health is too important to fuck around with. this band has helped me through a lot of my own shit. i fully support anything they do :heart:

13. aniafc

Trusted

have been seeing a few things on Twitter/FB calling cam a creep — anyone here hear anything about that?

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

These are easily the two most important bands in emo of the last few years imo so it sucks they are both on hiatus.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  15. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

?

16. wrenleslie

links? tried searching but couldn't find anything of the sort

17. aniafc

Trusted

There's another screenshot I have from this band called Brightside that said something, but they deleted it and idk how to attach screenshots on here.

18. CMilliken

Trusted

So sad about this. Their music means a lot to me.

19. robargarthan

You could upload to an image hosting site like Imgur and post the link here.

20. aniafc

Trusted

21. DesireToPlease

Regular

Wellp, I guess he's unworthy of our well wishes now.

22. wrenleslie

I mean definitely not writing anything, but I'd like to know what "shitty things." That's extremely broad.

23. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Seeing as Cam usually has a million projects going on, I'm actually not too disappointed in this. Also the re-arranged album that just came out is just as amazing as the original.

24. aniafc

Trusted

Me too. That’s why I said at the beginning it was just a few statements. The woman on twitter replied to someone and said she didn’t want to elaborate because they aren’t her stories to tell, though, which is totally understandable.

25. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

never been a huge fan but theyve always seemed like good folks, and a little deep in it for the music they were making. hope theyre all ok.