Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New ‘Suicide Squad’ Trailer Released at MTV Movie Awards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. I think it looks good. Some good Batman / Joker shots. Looks like they're playing up the "fun" angle. Probably smart after BvS.

Eric Wilson and fenway89 like this.
  3. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

I want to like this film SO much...but it worries me. The tone of the 1st trailer was pretty bleak...but it now looks like they're trying to make a lighthearted gigglefest. I get the feeling that this film wasn't originally intended to be silly...but after the monotony of BvS, it has been forced to make massive changes.

4. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

Better than the first trailer, still questioning a lot of things.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ayer is one hell of a Writer/Director and the cast is top shelf. This should bring people back on board with DC.

ECV and Jason Tate like this.
  6. tomtom94

Trusted

I wouldn't be too concerned. The same thing happened with Marvel's Ant-Man, they cut the first trailer to try and make it seem similar to Age of Ultron, then the later trailers were far better at representing the product (and that turned out really great IMO)

Plus, Warner didn't know Batman v Superman would be received THIS badly by critics until very recently. It seems unlikely they'd be able to mobilise to make massive changes to Suicide Squad in two weeks.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. K_special93

Regular

this gives me hope that I wont be as bad a BvS

8. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Looks so damn good. Can't wait.

9. Jonesy

Be my alibi?

I'm eager to see this as I'm finding I'm nit picking these trailers much less than BvS, could be the good marketing with enjoyable songs attached. The studio telling them to re-shoot scenes to make it more humorous is a little concerning but this might be the most favorably reviewed DC movie in 4 years.

10. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

Agreed! Ant Man was a lovely little surprise. Did not expect it to be so much fun! It'll be interesting to see how this film fits into the DC Universe. I get the feeling that they're not too sure whether the film is going to be silly or serious. Tonally, I get the feeling that it could be all over the place. I'll still watch it + hope I'm wrong!

11. razorburn

Trusted

The ordered reshoots have me a little worried, but I'm still excited as hell for this.

And can I just say, I love the way YouTube videos are embedded on the News page, @Jason Tate.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Is no one going to talk about Suicide Squad's insistence on incorporating the Wayne's World soundtrack into their trailers?

cybele, carlosonthedrums and fenway89 like this.
  13. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Can't wait. This looks like its going to be really fun. Interested also to see how it fits in the DCU.

Is this before or after the events of BVS?

younglikeme likes this.
  14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

It looks better than BVS but that isn't saying much.

15. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Cautiously optimistic about this. Trailers look good, but then again, I thought the same about Fantastic Four before it came out.

The question now comes to whether or not the public will give it the benefit of the doubt after BvS. The film could be fantastic but that means nothing if significantly less people see it.

16. zachff

deadformat.net/collection/zachff Prestigious

Well, at least it can't be worse than BvS.

This trailer looked better than the other clips we've seen so far, but still doesn't make me think it's going to be great. Especially when compared to the Civil War footage that also premiered last night, which looks awesome.

17. AidanCloakit

I liked both trailers for the most part, this one a little bit more than the other. It definitely leaned more towards to the action side of it, which might have been a good move. David Ayer does a phenomenal job making really dark, harsh movies but still have a "light at the end of the tunnel" in a sense.

18. younglikeme Apr 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2016)
    younglikeme

ii // YLM

This looks really, really great. Every new bit of the Joker we get has me that much more excited.

The DCEU, for me, has been so satisfying for me to this point (even though it's just been MoS, BvS) so I'm all in at this point.

19. younglikeme

ii // YLM

I'm thinking that this is pre-MoS & BvS & that the solo-Batman we'll get will be the "a death in the family" story & this Joker is actually Jason Todd (Robin) & that's why Batman in BvS is the way he is & explains the "how many stayed that way?" line & "joke's on you batman ha ha ha" -- but this is totally speculation at this point.

20. Mike

I'm kind of hoping this is the case. It would explain the tattoos as Jason Todd being tortured before becoming the Joker. Either way, Leto's performance looks amazing.

21. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

How can it be pre-MOS when they talk about Superman in the beginning of the trailer?

I still don't buy the "Joker is Jason Todd" theory either, but I think the trailer looks great.

22. younglikeme

ii // YLM

You're right, my mistake, I think I just can't imagine it being after BvS so I assumed it'd be before MoS too but maybe it's in between?

I'm not saying I'm buying into it fully but I think it could be really cool & the idea that the tattoos came from the Joker & the grill had to be put in since Joker bashes Jason's teeth in with a crowbar would be a really nice touch. I think if they don't have him be the Joker then the "how many stayed that way?" line would have to be in reference to Red Hood then, no? & if that's the case, I'll still be happy because that'd be another interesting arc.

Basically I think DC only has good options on the table & the EU is looking really good. More so if you actually liked BvS too I'd imagine.

23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

The closer we get to this, the more excited I am. Love that it looks like Harley Quinn is going to get a lot of screen time.

24. Bob Loblaw

Wubbalubbadubdub

There's a lot about this movie I'm hesitant towards and a lot I'm very excited for. I really have no expectations for this movie and I'm happy for that besides BvS did not meet my expectations, though I didn't think it was a completely terrible movie and I even enjoyed it more the second time I saw it. I think my initial disdain for BvS was I saw it early at a screening and spent the day with fellow comic fans hyping ourselves up for a movie that would be impossible to meet expectations even if it was The Dark Knight caliber. All I hope for this movie is that it is a fun ride and summer popcorn flick caliber. It looks like it can be that. Every trailer makes it seem more and more in the vein of the Assault on Arkham animated movie, and I thought that was one of the best of the DC animated movies. And some of the DC animated movies are amazing.

younglikeme likes this.
  25. CMilliken

Trusted

Still need to see Batman V Superman. I'm in no hurry. I will see this one pretty close to opening day though. Looks good.