Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Song on Twenty One Pilots’ ‘Blurryface’ Has Been RIAA Certified

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Every song on Twenty One PilotsBlurryface has now been certified by the RIAA. This is now the first album in the digital era to have this distinction. The press release can be found below.

WASHINGTON – “Blurryface,” the 2015 smash album by Twenty One Pilots (Fueled by Ramen), has achieved a Gold & Platinum milestone unrivaled in the digital era: it is now the first album in which every individual song on the album is certified Gold, Platinum or multi-Platinum.
    The milestone was achieved with the recent Gold certification of “Hometown.” Now all 14 songs of the album have earned certification under the Recording Industry Association of America’s (RIAA’s) Gold & Platinum Program. Since the advent of digital sales and streams, and the inclusion of those formats in the Gold & Platinum Program, no other album’s individual songs have reached that collective milestone. Additionally, the “Blurryface” album is 3X multi-Platinum – the top RIAA certified alternative album released in the last three years.

“Congratulations to Twenty One Pilots for this unparalleled achievement,” said Cary Sherman, Chairman and CEO, RIAA. “From the first track to the 14th, each and every song from ‘Blurryface’ has resonated with fans. In a time when fans enjoy instant access to millions of different tracks, this is a testament to the appeal of both the album and each of its individual songs. Congratulations to Tyler, Josh and Fueled by Ramen.”

The “Blurryface” song awards are: “Heavydirtysoul” Platinum, “Stressed Out” 7X Platinum, “Ride” 4X Platinum, “Fairly Local” Platinum, “Tear In My Heart” 2X Platinum, “Lane Boy” Platinum, “The Judge” Gold, “Doubt” Gold, “Polarize” Gold, “We Don’t Believe What’s On TV” Gold, “Message Man” Gold, “Hometown” Gold, “Not Today” Gold and “Goner” Gold.

Celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2018, the RIAA’s iconic Gold & Platinum brand is the industry’s premier award for recognizing artistic achievement in the music marketplace. Officially launched in 1958, the program expanded in 1999 to include a Diamond Award honoring 10 million or more certifications of an album or song.

All RIAA certifications are calculated by Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman.

2. SPine

Trusted

That's incredible

Turkeylegz and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah, whoa.

4. ARo24

Regular

I’m a mild fan of them but wow that’s a hell of an honor. Congrats to them.

Essie and Turkeylegz like this.
  5. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

insaaane

Turkeylegz likes this.
  6. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

Jesus, that's nuts.

7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit, good for them!

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Wow I'm so happy for them! That's an astonishing thing to achieve. I actually am feeling a little emotional about this, I love when bands from this side of the (metaphorical) tracks have this kind of success. I'll spin my copy of Blurryface tonight to celebrate!

Turkeylegz likes this.
  9. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I'm a pretty ardent fan boy of the band, and I'm not remotely ashamed of how biased I am towards them. That said, I listened to this for the first time in awhile last week and was stunned at how much I loved it - it hits as hard for me now as it did the day it came out.

Whatever they're working on now has really, really lofty expectations to live up to.

10. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

absolutepunk would be steaming

11. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

good for them

12. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

It took teaching these guys' music to kids at School of Rock for me to finally come around, but come around I did. "The Judge" is the raddest track on that record and deserves better than Gold.

13. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Wild

14. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Awesome for them. Love these guys and really cracking band to see live.

15. CMilliken

Trusted

Crazy.

16. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I don't really get how a song can go gold without being a single release. Very cool them to do this though with so many tracks.

skogsraet likes this.
  17. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Streaming

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

So awesome for them, and cannot wait to see what they do next. My most anticipated.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  19. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Their music is pretty bad but props to the label for pushing them as hard as they did early on.

20. ihaveblink

Regular

so each song has to have been streamed .... 750,000,000 times?

does that sound right?

okay my figures are wrong, it's 150 per stream equals a song sale?

So.... 75,000,000? That is quite crazy.

21. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Definitely proves they have one of, if not the most rabid fan base out there. I'm always amazed at how well they sell at festivals and do in streaming considering they get moderate radio play. I mean, they have had their hits from this album but I definitely don't feel like any of their songs where the play every 15 minutes type of song that other blockbuster singles are.

22. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Wow that's an incredible accomplishment! I remembering listening to "Guns For Hands" over and over after hearing it on my local radio station years ago. Who'd have thought they'd blow up like this? Blurryface is a great spring/summer album for me, so many jams!

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's worth noting that this would also include sales of digital tracks on itunes/amazon if they were purchased alone but not with the album (i.e. someone who goes through the album previews and picks the ones they like and only buys those)

24. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

impressive but good god are they intolerable to my ears for whatever reason

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Didn't anyone ever teach you guys that if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say it at all???