Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Smashing Pumpkins Reunion Tour Off to a Slow Start

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Those Smashing Pumpkins’ reunion tour tickets don’t appear to be flying off the shelves:

As Twitter user solace points out, there are quite a number of markets where a vast majority of the seats are still available. […] In the Pumpkins’ defense, their hometown show in Chicago is nearly sold out. But large swaths of tickets also still available in New York City and Glendale, where the tour is scheduled to kick off on July 7th.

2. red8ge

Regular

james iha isn't a draw, including d'arcy and having a legit reunion would've been better

3. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

60/40 chance this tour gets cancelled...

4. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Maybe because he’s torn apart so many others bands for doing tours like this...now he looks like a jerk doing the same thing...

5. TDenverFan

Regular

It's still 4/5 months away, might be a little early to say for sure how it's doing.

Still, wouldn't be shocked to see this on Groupon at some point

6. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Neither of them are really going to push this band back to playing arenas. The time to have done this was 2007-08 and Billy tried with Jimmy but a bland record and frustrating live shows pushed most people away. If you needed your Pumpkins nostalgia, you've probably already gotten that out of the way over the past decade. The addition of James Iha (who barely contributed in terms of songwriting and performance) isn't going to get many people back.

That being said, I've been a fan of this band since 1993 so I'll be at this tour, even if it the venue is half empty.

red8ge likes this.
  7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Tickets are too expensive for me at least and I'm a big Mellon Collie/Siamese fan, it's just out of range

mattylikesfilms and Turkeylegz like this.
  8. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Tickets are definitely too expensive, my friend posted she got her floor ticket for over $400 so I assumed it was sold out and that was a stubhub price but that was straight from ticketmaster. Hard pass.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It’s very simple: no one wants to pay over $100 for floor seats. That’s just ridiculous. I saw floor seats going for 300-400 as well from Ticketmaster. Fuck that.

10. somethingwitty

Trusted

My tickets were $29 in Pittsburgh.

Concert vet tip...if an arena tour is selling poorly, and you're meh on going. Buy the cheapest/worst ticket possible and odds are if the show sold poorly they'll close the upper level and upgrade your seats. The venues do this to reduce staff costs on undersold arena shows. I was upgraded at Muse (Prudential Center), Dead & Co (Key Bank Center), Janet Jackson (Air Canada Centre).

Turkeylegz and Bryan Diem like this.
  11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I might just go to Pittsburgh then haha

12. Phil507

Added 2nd nights in Chicago and LA. There's a two day gap after NYC which makes me think there is another night on hold there.

13. TomOConnor

I remember a few years ago when the "Smashing Pumpkins" aka Billy Corgan and a backup band were touring. I went to a radio station event and they were literally handing out tickets. Guess it was a bad sales response in that area. A DJ handed me tickets and than asked if I needed more for my friends. I said sure give me 4 tickets and he pulled 4 tickets out of a big stack and gave them to me lol. Never seen anything like that

Bryan Diem likes this.
  14. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I once got handed 4 tickets to uproar fest (the year with coheed and circa) through the Mcdonalds drive-thru (where I worked When I was 16).

15. Jackbo487

Regular

I have (relatively affordable) tickets to this and am looking forward to it, BUT I think they scheduled wayyyy to many shows in venues that are wayyyy too big, and also too expensive.

16. Phil507

Ah I remember that tour. Jane's Addiction, Alice In Chains, Coheed, Circa Survive. I wanted to go but couldn't make my local date. I think that was the tour that shit the bed so hard Uproar reverted back to butt-rock.

17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, if this was playing at Roseland (1,400) or Crystal Ballroom (1,500) or even Edgefield I'd consider this, but no way in a fucking arena.