Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moose Blood Release Statement

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Moose Blood have decided to “take legal action” after being accused of stealing nude photographs off of a woman’s phone and sending them to others without her permission.

Statement From the Band

We are aware of an allegation made against us concerning alleged theft of photographs and invasion of privacy. This allegation is entirely false and we strongly refute it. Until now we have resisted giving it any credence by commenting. However, the many repeats on social media have left us no option but to make our position clear.

We are taking legal action. The process to resolve this issue is underway. We do not propose to comment further at this stage.

We’d like to thank all our fans from the bottom of our hearts for your true loyalty & support.

2. DerekIsAGooner Feb 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 23, 2018)
    DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

This is exactly why I stopped listening to Moose Blood. I'll be following what happens with this closely.

EDIT: I've had more time to think about this. Fuck victim blaming.

3. gbuffers

England.

Isn't this the second allegation they've been wrapped up in?

4. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Trying to ask this without saying I don't believe the victim, because I am inclined to - but can anyone explain the proof in that tweet? Not sure what I'm meant to be looking at.

Walkabout likes this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Comments are grim. I went in and tried to tell them that the way they are talking about the victim is terrible but they won't listen.

6. Tom Lee

Regular

Really don't want to weigh in on this, but I believe the allegations. I had quite a few mutual friends, and was on a private FB group with some of them a few years ago, and I remember this stuff circulating around, way before Moose Blood broke big.

7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Yikes this is about to get messy for them

8. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

^^^ yeeesh

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  9. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

Terrible.

10. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

How has this taken them a year.

Hopefully both parties get it resolved.

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I was planning on bailing after Lydia plays anyway.

12. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

If I were falsely accused of literally anything, I'd deny it right away.

This just doesn't feel like the behavior of someone who's innocent.

Not to mention the victim. I mean, it's a weird thing to lie about. Of course she's telling the truth. I believe her.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I talk with AJ from The Dangerous Summer pretty often, I asked about his thoughts on the Moose Blood allegations, waiting for his response...

14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’m always inclined to believe the victim, and it seems odd you would avoid a response to allegations this long, knowing they existed. I just feel like if I were ever accused of something I knew did not happen, I wouldn’t avoid making a statement for so long. It doesn’t make the accused party look innocent.

Colby Searcy and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  15. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Don't see why you have to pick sides between the two - especially if it's going to court. Hopefully the jury reaches a verdict.

TDenverFan, Saephon and IATAvalanche like this.
  16. defmytones

Regular

Over this band, enough is enough.

17. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

That's a very idealistic and naive outlook.

CoffeeEyes17, storm, h8bit and 7 others like this.
  18. tyler_pifer

I usually believe the accuser, the Josh Pastner situation being the exception.
    The coach and the ex-con

However, I don't believe these guys one bit.

19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This band is gross and that statement is sickening. Do not support them.

20. BelieF

Regular

Statement is not sickening but yes they are gross.

21. honkytonk Feb 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 24, 2018)
    honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Did they get the passport situation sorted out? I want to buy a ticket to see TDS open for Moose Blood but if they won't be able to make it I've got no interest in going.

22. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

they're gross. already had to kick out their drummer for also being gross. taking legal action? foh.

storm likes this.
  23. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Rather be naive than self-righteous.

24. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Well now you're both so...

25. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Like, that wasn't even a mean comment. I was going to link you to some reading materials about abuse and it's relationship with our justice system but I had to work at 6 so I was already in bed. But go ahead and be confrontational instead of taking this chance to do research, to learn, and to grow. ✌

summertimejesus likes this.