Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Turner – “Be More Kind”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

it's a pretty basic song but i really love it so much. on a steady head bob to it all day.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  3. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I’ve been waiting on this one for a while. Glad to have the official version now. Feels like a message a lot of people could use right now.

4. Tom Lee

Regular

5. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

I like the song.

What is the misogynistic song the tweet above references in that thread?

6. Ladies of London Town

I needed to be reminded of the lyrics for that one, but uhhhh, YIKES

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah he admits to hating that song and feeling embarrassed and ashamed of the lyrics, and I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt on that song. Not heard about the other stuff but it sounds grim...

8. admits to it being problematic, on stage, and goes ahead and plays it anyway because it's part of the album that night was meant to be showcasing, like wyd Frank?

9. DandonTRJ Feb 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 23, 2018)
    DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

LoLT is immature; calling it misogynistic conflates frustration for entitlement. I'm glad he's a bit embarrassed by the song in retrospect, but attacking him for not cutting it from an album show really colors its content (and his intent) a shade too dark for my tastes.

Can't speak to the rest of the Twitter thread because it's either too vague or strikes me as a personal spat.

New song is low-key beautiful.

10. abw123

Trusted

Craig/Jason, have you heard this album yet? Just curious on how it sounds, if you have.