Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

No, Your Festival’s Twitter Account Is Mad Online

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ahh, it’s almost Warped Tour lineup announcement time. I wonder if the Warped Tour Twitter account is doing some hinting at what kinds of bands will be playing the tour. Let’s check in on how things are going over there:

@blink182 we have the same agent & yet nothing. @therejects we tried, a band member didn’t want to do it @paramore word on the street is they’re doing their own tour @Yellowcard is no longer a band @MCRofficial not reuniting @SayAnythingMuz we’ll look into it!

Ok, interesting way to do this. I wonder what happens if The All American Rejects respond:

pretty sure this isn’t how it went down…pretty sure we were down with y’all paying a few shows…pretty sure we were told 3/4 band members were into it by your agent.

Oh, hmm, well, wonder what they’d say if The Story So Far got a little annoyed about how Warped Tour is hinting toward other band’s tour announcements early:

shall we start to count the times our lineup was leaked from insider information ….and this coming from the band that posted weed during an IG takeover on our account when we specifically asked not to

Oh, things are fine it seems.

2. don't fret

This tour has always thought it was greater than the bands playing it. Unfortunately not surprised and is probably a strong reason it is in it's last year.

3. Spenny

Regular

Talk about messy.

fenway89 and Raku like this.
  4. This is the most fun I've experienced with something related to Warped Tour since high school.

Honestly though, a festival with blink-182/AAR/Paramore/MCR/Say Anything would have my money in seconds.

5. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Totally unprofessional, but not totally unexpected from them.

fenway89, beachdude42, Raku and 2 others like this.
  6. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

ahhhhhhahahahahahhahaha

7. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

tbf why would anyone expect professionalism from Warped in the first place

Raku likes this.
  8. warped tour is the worst

fenway89, beachdude42, swboyd and 2 others like this.
  9. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Shouldn't even have a tour this year. Honestly, who is going to do it now?

Raku likes this.
  10. jorbjorb

7 rings

Glad I've never been to this shit show.

11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

This is so hilarious. I do have to wonder, though, why do so many people think arena acts (blink-182, MCR) would play a fuckin 7 song set at warped tour?

12. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I love that Kevin continues to prove how badly he needs to retire. It’s embarrassing at this point.

13. Tata Toothy

Regular

I will say one thing, it sure is entertaining. For all the wrong reasons but still entertaining

beachdude42 and Raku like this.
  14. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Yes they could have been a little more professional but still. They didn’t really say anything “bad,” just saying what’s going on with those bands since they’re getting annoyed of people asking or complaining

skoopy, josh.hofer and Helloelloallo like this.
  15. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

beachdude42, swboyd, Joe4th and 11 others like this.
  16. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Warped Tour used to be a must-attend event, and is largely responsible for providing many of my virginal experiences (in terms of concert-going), as well as being the root system for my initial musical tastes. I have many fond memories from late summers in Eastern Washington, as well as partying in the old parking lot of the Kingdome the week after school was over.

With that said, Warped has not been a vital component in my life for over ten years, and I bid it a fond farewell. The level of entitlement and self-righteousness exemplified by Lyman and his lackeys is painfully clear; it became far too focused on the bottom line and maintaining specific relationships with some truly shitty people. “Morals be damned, we need to draw in the tweens who don’t know better!”

This entire last-bid exchange on social media makes it even more obvious that it’s time to put this old bull out to pasture. Warped outdated themselves and pissed on the cavalier spirit that initially made each summer so special. Don’t trip over your Vans on the way out, Kevin.

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Something smells funny about this.

beachdude42 and Raku like this.
  18. lol good riddance warped tour

beachdude42, Aaron Mook and Raku like this.
  19. maybe just develop thick skin and ignore it like millions of other festivals do? oh wait I just remembered who's in charge of this shit show tour

20. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

Rip in piss

Raku likes this.
  21. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

This honestly feels like the most appropriate ending to this tour that I can imagine. There was never a chance Warped was riding into the sunset with its dignity.

22. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

This is a high budget enterprise. I expect better behavior from them than a 17 year old boy talking shit. Which is what they acted like when bands became annoyed with their demeanor It’s bad because as professionals and business people, they should know how to act.

23. Jackbo487

Regular

like if they suddenly say 'JK ALL THOSE BANDS ARE IN LOL SEE YOU THIS SUMMER!!!'?

thenewmatthewperry and Raku like this.
  24. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Yeah moreso than an organization being like "We're gonna have one last ride, let's make it good for everyone and do this right!" (which they were obviously never gonna do given everything about them) they're acting like an employee on the last day before they walk out, throwing customers and clients under the bus because it's not like they can get fired anymore.

25. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Kevin is a clown. Also sad to see some bands jump to his defense. I don’t get why some people can’t understand that just because something was good once it doesn’t mean that it’s above criticism.

wizard of loneliness likes this.