Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bon Iver Debut Unreleased Song Live

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bon Iver debuted a previously unreleased song, “Hayward, MI,” during the ten year anniversary show for For Emma, Forever Ago the other night. The song apparently comes from that album’s sessions and was never released.

2. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Whole show was fantastic. I've been listening to some live sets lately and Justin seemed to be off-pitch or unable to manage some lines without cracking, but everything was almost perfect at this show.

I'm pretty sure the song is Hayward, WI and that is a typo though. Hayward is north of Eau Claire.

I can see why it didn't make the album, if it plays the same as they did live, it's not all in his falsetto voice so it would seem out of place on For Emma.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  3. zmtr

Trusted

Have been listening on repeat since the show.

4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

is there a decent recording for this up already?

5. zmtr

Trusted

coleslawed and serotonin like this.
  6. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

zmtr likes this.
  7. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

Haywar, WI*

8. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Also he said he wrote it for his friend so it wouldnt follow the same theme as for emma.

serotonin likes this.