Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Further Reading: ‘Black Panther’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

This weekend sees the release of Black Panther. Did you love Black Panther? Did it leave you wanting more of Wakanda? Members of our comic book thread have put together another batch of accessible comic recommendations for new readers to check out.

CoffeeEyes17 and Tim like this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Wakanda is such a rich world, so even more than usual, I hope fans of the new movie check out at least one of these comics. The Christopher Priest stuff is especially wonderful.

Shout out to @Deanna and @Vivatoto for their contributions to this. And of course Jason for linking to these posts for all these comic book films.

Also, this is linked to in the above post, but if you want more comic book recommendations for any characters or genres, be sure to hit up the comic book thread. Comics have a reputation for being impenetrable to newbies, but they're really not so bad if you have people to talk to along the way!

CoffeeEyes17 and Essie like this.
  3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Fuck the room up fuck the room up fuck the room up fuck the room up

4. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Phenomenal movie.

5. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Black Panther was the first Marvel movie I have seen in a long time where every part of the story seemed necessary to the plot. It's 134 minutes, but none of it felt too long or too short.

carrytheweird likes this.
  6. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Too short. I could take another hour of it. Split that mf into a 2 parter like Titanic!

7. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Movies that make the kind of money that Black Panther is making get sequels these days.

carrytheweird likes this.
  8. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

There was a pun to that, but if I explain it, I feel like it’s not as funny.