Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Racist Trolls Are Saying Black Panther Fans Attacked Them

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Aja Romano, writing for Vox:

On social media, racist trolls are currently attempting to fake a battle that isn’t happening by stealing photos, many of assault victims, from various parts of the internet and claiming they’re evidence of attacks by black moviegoers during Thursday night showings of Black Panther.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

2. justin. Feb 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 16, 2018)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Lol they are ironically making the same fuss about the film that they said the other side was going to make.

I saw it last night and everyone was laid back. Sure, some might be into it more than others but it’s people being happy about T’Challa, not people being angry at white people in the same theater.

Edit: These attempts are not as persuading I thought they would be (using a photo of Glenn from the Walking Dead). Someone really gullible has to believe this nonsense and I don’t know if they were intended to be taken serious or someone just mocking the tension they falsely believe is there.

3. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

justin. likes this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Okay, I’ve wondered for a while. Is Melody Bot an alias for someone or is it a placeholder name for submitted news?

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Melody bot automatically takes the news that is posted on the front page and creates an article discussion thread, which is what we are in now.

6. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Melody Bot actually makes some dope prog rock music.

7. They’re opening at Coachella I think?

Also, I’m mulking leaving the country with my family. It’s stories like this and what happened in Florida and the article about which members of Congress took money from the NRA that have done this to me.

8. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

9. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I dunno, I liked Melody Bot way more before they sold out.

David Parke likes this.
  10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

The Matches, it’s one of their logos.

11. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

Sounds like the Russians, honestly

Helloelloallo likes this.