Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blessthefall Sign With Rise Records

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

kwilcox likes this.
  2. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

[​IMG]

3. OpenIntro

llama llama

song is catchy. that breakdown will be fun live.

kwilcox and Frenzyofdeceit like this.
  4. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Remember reading a few years back that once upon a time Pierce The Veil opened for these guys in London. The thought of that is very amusing, considering their respective career trajectories.

5. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

All metalcore bands have opened up for eachother and shit. Not surprising in the slightest.

Frenzyofdeceit and CMilliken like this.
  6. CMilliken

Trusted

I’d take BTF’s discography over PTV’s any day.

7. cosmickid

I wouldn't say it surprised me either, the show I'm speaking of was like 7 years ago at a 600 cap venue in England, so I'm just saying its funny that once upon a time Blessthefall were leading the charge and they've been hugely eclipsed by most of their contemporaries in terms of success and relevance.

8. cosmickid

I'd have to disagree with you on that one but fair enough.

CMilliken likes this.
  9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Same. These guys know what they do, and compared to so many of their peers who are gone, they do it well.

CMilliken likes this.
  10. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

This is a very inaccurate statement. BTF continues to be one of the most consistent metalcore bands that dominate the scene. Sure they aren't at the caliber of PTV, but they're still headline large venues and their performance is pretty damn impressive. It definitely keeps the fans coming back for more. They took a bit of time between releasing this next album but other than that they still shred.

Frenzyofdeceit and CMilliken like this.
  11. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Beau sounds so much whinier than he used to. I remember when I was younger and their first album with him was a huge deal. Feel like their sound was a lot better around then. This is a big yikes to me, but it doesn’t surprise me as I haven’t revisited this band in a very long time.

12. red8ge

Regular

this song doesn't sound like it was written by humans

js977 and carrytheweird like this.
  13. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Wow. These guys are still around?!? I loved them in the Mabbit days. Then he had to jump ship for the terrible Escape The Fate. Ah well. Memories.

14. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

sounds like a match made in heaven if you're into Rise and BTF still

carrytheweird likes this.
  15. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I feel like they were a much bigger powerhouse years ago and have kinda faded into the limelight in recent years. August Burns Red defines metalcore and they are playing some of the biggest shows still. Although Parkway Drive has Travis Barker type drum solos with fire and flips so they got that going for themselves, which is nice.

16. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

I'm hoping that there is honestly a fair bit more progression in this album. I really liked their last album, but felt like it was more like Hollow Bodies Part 2 than anything else, which is a good reason why they've probably lost as much steam as they have. Also, being that i've seen them so many times in the past 5-6 yrs, it wouldn't surprise me if they just were suffering from over touring, so people make the excuse of, well, they will be back in 3-4 months, I'll catch them then.

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well that was pretty awful. I only liked Witness by these guys and that was almost a decade ago.

Rise sounds like a great fit for BTF though.

18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Melodramatic off of Hard Feelings is hilarious since Lorde’s album is Melodrama and there’s a song called Hard Feelings

carrytheweird likes this.
  19. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Digging the new song.