Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Matches Send Out Cryptic Email

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Why does every goddamn band need to be cryptic. JUST TELL US DAMMIT.

3. rbf737

Regular

Matches never got their fair shake. I went and saw them in NYC for their few off reunion shows a couple years ago for Decomposer and it was great but even given those circumstances it wasn't a sell out.

skogsraet, NJPunkMusic and Jackbo487 like this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Damien Davies likes this.
  5. rbf737

Regular

irthesteve likes this.
  6. Updated.

Jonathan likes this.
  7. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

[​IMG]
    TBF when I submitted this yesterday I couldn't find anything yet, my badddddddd.

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. Jackbo487

Regular

if I know these guys (and I do), don't expect this vinyl to be the only thing they announce regarding A Band In Hope...excited!

Jonathan likes this.
  9. irthesteve

The bonus disc sounds pretty amazing, I want it

10. thrilliam

i miss this band so much. fell in love with them after i saw them open up for +44 in nyc.

Jackbo487 likes this.
  11. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

This record rules. Glad to be able to add it to my shelf.

12. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

their worst album in my opinion, but still has good songs. always will love this band

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

PUNK music.

14. irthesteve

A Band In Hope has always been severely underrated, really fantastic album

15. mattylikesfilms Jan 30, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2018)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I’m so torn.

I have Decomposuer and E Von Dahl on vinyl so I want to get this just to complete the collection.... but with shipping it’s $48! This isn’t even a record I love like the previous two- I just like it. Hmm...

Edit: I ordered it ha

parkerxcore likes this.
  16. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

dang. i was about to tell you to skip it. for the price, thats insane.

17. Jackbo487

Regular

I also don’t love it as much as the first two BUT I snatched up a copy anyway.

The way the Matches do these vinyl reissues definitely isn’t for the casual fan - all the bonus stuff and the extremely limited pressings would support that - since they obviously do things sporadically since they all have other jobs and stuff now.

THAT SAID, $40 is kinda steep as a starting price but I think it’s consistent with E Von Dahl and Decomposer’s reissue prices as well...

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  18. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I put all their albums on about an equal plane. I missed Decomposer when they pressed it and I’ve been bummed about it since, especially bc I want those demos really bad. If I have $50 to spare before this sells out, maybe I’ll throw it their way. Again, mostly really interested in hearing those demos.

Jackbo487 likes this.
  19. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

got it. wish I had gotten EVDKTL when it came out but what can ya do

20. nohandstoholdonto

I’m still hanging on to that one. I haven’t even seen Decomposer for sale secondhand since it sold out. Long shot, but if there’s any chance you’d be willing to share those demos/b-sides that came with it, I’d really love to hear them.

21. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

just checked my email and it looks like I deleted the link they sent me, my laptop is in the shop atm but I can see if I have them on there when I get it back

22. nohandstoholdonto

That would be seriously awesome, thank you. This band was so formative for me and I would seriously be so stoked to hear both the Decomposer and ABIH outtakes. I think this band is the whole reason I even discovered AbsolutePunk.

SlappinCups and Jackbo487 like this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hahah yeah dude I feel that. It definitely is but the bonus album does sound interesting and I budget myself for a few records per month so between this and the Closure in Moscow’s First Temple pressing- I am done for the month of February already lol.

Yeah and these are quality pressings too (judging off the previous reissues I got) so fuck it. I grew up with the band (they’re from my hometown) going to L3 shows and whatnot so I’m glad I got it.

If this was $60-75 before tax though? Hell no to that ha

Jackbo487 likes this.
  24. irthesteve

Oh hey there, I would love to hear them too! :-)

SlappinCups likes this.
  25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They did the same thing as they did for the Decomposuer reissue where the bonus album is (digitally) just one track- lame. One of these days I’ll have to break it up by track myself. Kind of annoying.