Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Ant-Man and The Wasp'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

So pumped. Ant-Man is one of my favorites in the MCU.

mattylikesfilms and CMilliken like this.
  3. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

This looks fantastic. I repeatedly have to commend Marvel Studios for getting me stoked on characters I didn't give a shit about growing up reading comics.

4. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I only read X-Men and a little Spider-Man growing up. Never even heard of Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man. They've really done such a wonderful job. Can't wait for Black Panther in 2 weeks, early word is that it's great.

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  5. Stevangelion

We Can (Not) Make It Alone.

This is goin to be fantastic. So excited

6. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Yup, those early reaction tweets are a really encouraging sight for a film that already looked phenomenal.

7. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I have trouble finding room to be excited about anything Marvel atm besides Black Panther given the rave response it is getting. Loved the first Ant-Man though.

8. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

"Thor Ragnarok" and "Spider-Man: Homecoming" were both incredible. Aside from Age of Ultron, they haven't really had a ton of missteps in the last few years.

9. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I think I'm most excited for Captain Marvel… hoping we get a glimpse of her in Infinity War before her solo film, but I believe she's already been seen shooting on Avengers 4.

carrytheweird likes this.
  10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Captain Marvel and Infinity War I expect great things from. The Thor series hasn't appealed to me much, but Ragnarok was a far step up from the first two no doubt. Homecoming is easily the best version of Spider-Man yet. Of course, as always, this is my sole opinion. I like Garfield in the role, but the movies didn't play out well.

mattylikesfilms and Jonathan like this.
  11. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I agree with literally everything you said, I guess I was just confused when you said you weren't hyped for anything else MCU has planned given their impressive track record as of lately. :-)

carrytheweird likes this.
  12. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Seeeeee this is why I fucking hate the internet sometimes. The context is totally different than that in how I meant it. When I put "atm" I meant literally right now currently, because Black Panther is getting some seriously positive buzz. Not only being a well done comic movie, but also having great female characters as super hero's which we need more of. As well as some saying there are a lot of underlying tones and messages present in the film. I totally love quite a few of the MCU entries.

Jonathan likes this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So excited for this. I accidentally stepped on the set when they filmed here in SF near the financial destrict and a cop immediately grabbed me hahah.

14. CMilliken

Trusted

Totally thought Ant-Man was gonna be lame when I went to see it. Turned out to be one of my favorite Marvel movies. Stoked for this.

mattylikesfilms and Jonathan like this.
  15. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

You're in good company. I was excited about Paul Rudd, but hesitant when I saw Edgar Wright departed the film.

16. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Was in the minority who didn't like the first one, this looks pretty good though. Maybe I should give the first one another shot

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I was in the same boat (most people probably were) when Wright departed. I had low expectations and ended up loving the film. It’s my third favorite Marvel film (Winter Soldier being #1 and GOTG being #2) so far.

I would recommend it. It has a lot of heart and a lot of fun. Really great performances too by pretty much the whole cast.

Jonathan and CMilliken like this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Homecoming was another film I had low expectations for and it turned out phenomenal. Easily my favorite Spider-Man film. I know.... Spider-Man 2... but it’s true.

Jonathan and carrytheweird like this.