Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justin Vernon Still Not a Fan of the Grammys

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Justin Vernon of Bon Iver took to Twitter to offer some thoughts on the Grammys:

I have to say Ken Ehlrich is a dick producer. I’m with Lorde on this, hard. Ken told us Holocene (roty, soty nominee in 2011 (?)) was “too long and slow and that we’d lose 4-6 million viewers cause of that” – and that he’s broken a lot of careers on the show, so I should listen.

2. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

he is right

Mrplum5089, Arry and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I had no idea this twitter account existed.

4. GreyWall

Love Holocene but for the Grammy audience, that song is absolutely too long and slow and they would lose millions of viewers. It often seems like the artists who pretend not to care about something like the grammys actually care the most. Yes, the grammys are a joke, shocker. Reminds me of one the most pathetic parts about Kanye rushing the stage and cutting off taylor swift is that he actually cared that much about an mtv moonman award. A fucking moonman... Guys, just got to the awards and party and get fucked up and have a good time like everyone else and dont take them too seriously, and maybe if youre going to actually get upset about it then make it about the lack of representation of women.

Guilherme Brandao likes this.
  5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Me either, now i'm obsessed. Justin is a god and is absolutely right.

zmtr likes this.
  6. Guilherme Brandao

Regular

I couldn't have said it better. Holocene is one of my favorite songs ever, but I agree with that.
    I don't get why we still hold our hopes up that somehow the Grammys are going to change. Every year is the same shit.