Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pedro the Lion Sign With Polyvinyl Records

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pedro the Lion will be releasing a new album via Polyvinyl Records later this year. A full statement from David Bazan can be found below.

Today is the first day back in the studio as Pedro the Lion. After writing and arranging a handful of new songs, then rehearsing and arranging them further with the band, we’re ready to record a couple of them for a new album. I didn’t realize what calling my music Pedro the Lion again would mean to me, but it’s re-connected me to parts of myself and my history (both sonic and personal) that I had lost touch with. This re-awakening is making the process so much more enjoyable and I’m grateful for the chance to do this again.

As a music fan I’ve watched Polyvinyl thrive in a brutal marketplace and grow their seminal roster to include even more bands that I’m downright obsessed with. As a cog in the music business I’ve gotten to know and appreciate their inner workings gradually through mutual friends and colleagues over many years of visiting their offices in Champaign, Illinois. So when looking for a record label for Pedro the Lion I realized pretty quickly that Polyvinyl was a fantastic fit. I am so thrilled to be working with them.

2. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

YES!

I was stoked to see that I'm seeing them in August, but new music?

YES!

...YES!

4. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

This is a perfect fit.

5. CSWAPPO

Regular

HELL YEAH

6. Oh shit

7. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

New Pedro is excellent news!

8. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Um, yes please

9. kaeru

pillbugpdx Supporter

Heck yes!

10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's a nice surprise to me ;D the label is a perfect fit though!