Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glassjaw’s ‘Material Control’ Comes to Vinyl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Dang. About time. Isn’t SRC a brand to be avoided at all costs though?

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’ve heard a lot of people have had issues with them. I have ordered from them once and they shipped to me next day and I had no issues at all. Just a possible risk, I guess.

4. xburningcoffin

KC

This makes me think an official announcement from the band is coming soon. SRC preorders, from my experience, are no guarantees that it will arrive in a reasonable time close to the release date. Seems like they take as many orders as they can with no regard for how many they will actually receive from a distributor.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

they like to jump the gun as soon as they get the info so that they can be the ones to get chorus.fm newsposts and gain some extra sales

xburningcoffin likes this.
  6. xburningcoffin

KC

Exactly, I only pay attention to what they are releasing so I can see what’s being pressed or reissued.

7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Src presses are so awesome tho.

8. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

I have ordered many records from SRC through the years and have never had a single problem ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

They really do. And it’s funny in this case because I’m pretty sure that Amazon + Bullmoose have it listed as well, but SRC sent out a newsletter with it included, so I’m guessing that’s what pushed someone to submit it here.

Any guesses if the band is going to put it up on their webstore?

10. xburningcoffin

KC

This was a heads up for anyone that cares about vinyl to watch GJ for their vinyl announcement because it will sell out fast. A reddit post said Daryl mentioned at a show that vinyl is definitely coming.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ugh SRC is really hit or miss. I wish they went with someone else.

12. xburningcoffin

KC

This is part of their deception, SRC isn’t pressing it, they are just trying to distribute it.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh weird... ok then lol