Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brendon Urie May Start Releasing More One Off Songs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brendon Urie of Panic! at the Disco talked on a recent live Instagram post about possibly releasing more one off songs:

Yeah, I have an album, but I also have way more songs apart from the album. I want them to see the light of day and there’s just so many.

I don’t like doing albums that are more than 10/11 songs. It’s not my vibe.

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yes, please.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

If he put out an EP or something Id check it out in a heartbeat.

4. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Always up for more songs from him.

Just the suavest voice ever.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yes please!

6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Very interested to see where this dude goes from here!! Basically on top of the world with DOAB so his next step is v crucial

7. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Headline here is "yeah i have an album"

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea this will be very interesting. Like every Panic! release is very interesting because literally who the hell knows where he's going to album to album, but this is the biggest the band has been since Fever, so it'll be really interesting how he capitalizes on the momentum.

9. ZeoVGM

Regular

Would really dig a new Panic! album right about now.

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I read somewhere that he said the next album will be Broadway-influenced and I think that could be fantastic if done right

11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Almost everything he puts out is great, so keep 'em comin'!

12. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Always down for whatever this guy does. DOAB didn't do much for me outside of the singles, but he's at the top of his game right now, so I'm sure whatever comes out will be quality. Dude is serious vocal goals.

13. ForNein

Why sell a 15-song album for $10 when you can sell a 10-song album for $10 and a 5-song EP for $5?

I can't be the only one that immediately assumed this is why he doesn't like longer albums. Guys, I think I might be cynical.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Odd thought though cus most people just stream music nowadays anyway, and he has literally never put out an ep and has consistently put out 10/11 song albums since he's had creative control of the band (starting with V&V).

15. ForNein

The EP thing could also be 5 separate $1 singles which is what it sounds like his approach is going to be. I'd be interested to see what the ratio of people that stream is to people that buy albums. I stream exclusively but still pay for physical releases of bands I like. I'm just now realizing I have a shitload of unopened CD's on my bookshelf.

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just think he'd release the songs on streaming and iTunes. Like yea you could buy it, but I just doubt enough people would buy these songs on iTunes for him to make much off it. I buy physical releases in the form of vinyl, and I mean yea I'd down the road he released a compilation of all these songs I'd get it, but at that point it would be a whole additional album worth of material anyway? Maybe I'm just sympathetic cus I absolutely agree with him that the average album should not be more than 10-12 songs. I think the whole "let's release a 20-song album" trend is awful and almost always takes away from the final product. Idk I just don't see any harm in what he's saying he wants to do.

17. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Brendon's vocal range is the only thing in the universe that I'm jealous of. Can't wait to see what he comes out with next!

Mr. Serotonin and Honeymagnolia like this.