Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Camila Cabello Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Camila Cabello has the number one album in the country this week:

Camila Cabello debuts atop the Billboard 200 chart with her first solo effort, Camila, earning 119,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Jan. 18, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 65,000 were in traditional album sales. Cabello is the first woman in three years to hit No. 1 with her debut full-length album.

2. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Quite a bit more than Fifth Harmony's album from last year. Havana was huge. This was obviously a great career move.

3. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

hate the song but I'm happy for Thug

4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I love Havana but only liked about 2 other songs from this. It was fairly underwhelming for me.

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Havana is a jam. I won't deny kkkamila that. Glad she retooled her album cause her first attempt was too corny. She's still too annoying for me to get behind fully but she's a Latina artist so this is a cool achievement!!

6. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

That (and the racism) makes it hard for me to rally behind her as a latina artist...but Havana is a jam and a half

7. Kiana

Yeeeah She's kinda like Selena Gomez for me where I think it's cool what a Latina artist is achieving and I'm proud of the achievement like existing, while also feeling very meh at what they say/do.

ryan.conde and skogsraet like this.
  8. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

I just enjoy it and know nothing about her. Solid album.

9. fbrrocks

Trusted

Love the album met her at the cd signing have 2 signed cd one I'm still waiting in cuz I preordered

10. DearCory

Regular

Not a fan at all, but I gave her album a shot, and really liked it. It reminds me of Ariana Grande a lot, just not as powerful of a voice

11. somethingwitty

Trusted

This brand of female pop that's been ushered in during the last 3-4yrs is just so bland and boring. Not one of these girls (Camila, Demi, Arians, etc) have the vision that Madonna or Gaga (pre-Artpop) had/have.

Also, why does she get such a pass for using the n-word?

12. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Oh shit, when was this? Surely not on the album?

13. Kiana

It was towards normani, her former fifth harmony bandmate. I think she tried to say it was hacked or fake or something idk

14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I had no idea she was even in fifth harmony haha.

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Still gotta play this

16. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Rather shocking, might try and see if I can find it

17. Kiana

Yeah that's part of why her sales are so high. She has an existing dedicated fanbase

18. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I felt like she came out of nowhere popularity wise, so that makes a lot more sense.