Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional – “Heart Beat Here”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

New?

Edit: weird, guess I always just assumed I had heard the studio version of this before.

3. Dog Fish

Mutt

I like this track more than the two singles off the upcoming record

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I really like that album cover.

Song is decent. I feel like I've heard that exact verse vocal melody before, though.

Edit: I guess not super similar, but the verse melody reminded me of this song

5. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

I knew I'd heard this song somewhere before and spent a couple minutes driving myself crazy trying to figure out how. Was it in a TV show? A commercial? Was this song actually a cover? And then I realized he played it at Taste of Chaos a year and a half ago.

ramomcferno likes this.
  6. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Same here. Sounds like a song I swear I've listened to on the radio last year.

7. shawnhyphenray

Regular

That's where it's from! Though I didn't care for it, and still don't really.

But it seems like a very cliche song lyrically and melodically.

8. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

I like this song. So far the album is sounding good.

9. David Parke Jan 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2018)
    They released this song on soundcloud last year and then pulled it when they announced the record. I assume that, and TOC, is from where you’re all familiar with it.

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Favorite out of the three released so far.

11. justinb18

Vance Joy - Mess is mine

I think that’s where it’s from

12. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Alter The Ending is still one of the most criminally underrated albums from this scene.

13. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Something about this song gives me Alter vibes

14. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

This song sounded way better at Taste of Chaos and when I saw them in Philly last year. Not sure how I feel about the recorded version. I'm sure it'll grow on me. The lyrics are great though.

15. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Trying not to listen to these songs until the album comes out since there's not that many tracks this time.