Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

August Burns Red – “Composure (Remixed)”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Sander

kflkmflkm

yes it sounds cleaner but it no longer has that vibe the original had.

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This sounds way better than the original.

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  4. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Why the hell would anyone ever need this?

5. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Wow, the effects cymbals are buried in this mix, but I actually like that better because they were almost obnoxiously loud in the original release. Love what they did with the guitars as well. This is gonna make me go back and listen to Messengers for the first time in forever.

Micah511 likes this.
  6. Very cool idea! Haven't really been big a fan of Messengers in a very long time but I'll give this a spin when it comes out. Can totally see why some artists might see this type of activity as a waste of time but it's kinda cool to get an updated take on the old stuff.

7. ibanez966

The bass is grating in this version

8. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Do you mean you can actually hear it?

It's always cool to have this type of stuff. China being turned down in the mix is a good thing. Second guitar sounds cleaner as well.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It sounds better but it doesn’t have that ‘07 tone to it if you know what I mean.

Messengers is one of my favorite ABR albums, so i’ll listen to it on Apple Music for the fun of it.

10. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I'd do terrible things to have quite a few certain albums remixed: Senses Fail - The Fire, Letlive. - The Blackest Beautiful, Knuckle Puck, Say Anything - I Don't Think It Is, Two Tongues - Two, etc.

11. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

mm, sounds pretty good, although it's been a while since i listened to this album with an ear for the mixing. but the drum kicks sound crisper and the bass hits more, the latter of which is particularly welcome.

12. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Only two albums I want redone: Slipknot - Vol 3. Parkway Drive - Atlas. I’m good on everything else.

13. Iamhollywood315

Regular

It sounds a lot better the treble is at least reduced. Drums are punchy and guitars less harsh.

14. Jared Luttrell

Regular

This is really cool, haven't listened to this song in forever.

15. ibanez966

You can hear it, but the tone is unpleasant. Around 1:10 it's very pronounced. Makes the guitars sound like they have an awful echo

16. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Stoked to hear this - love Messengers, probably still my favourite ABR album. I'm excited to hear it with some tweaks to the sound. Love it the way it is but definitely a sonic beatdown of a record lol