Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy on TRL

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

It's cool to see them on there again, but this is the first clip I've seen of the "new" TRL, and that was cringeworthy. Fall Out Boy was fine, but the hosts just made everything extremely awkward and weird. I would've felt uncomfortable in that interview. The band did a good job handling it though.

orangehorizon likes this.
  3. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Oh my god, Mac from It's Always Sunny joined FOB???!!!

ibanez966 likes this.
  4. KTB182

Yea this is the first I've seen of the new TRL (and really the only MTV clip I've checked out in some time), and it was pretty tough to get through. Seems like the band thought the same. I know the old TRL wasn't exactly highly sophisticated entertainment either, but why not ask some slightly more meaningful questions with a little substance. Can that guy squeeze lit into the conversation anywhere else? and is that a DC Shoe tattoo between his eyes?
    I feel old with these silly complaints.

orangehorizon likes this.
  5. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Love hearing these guys in interviews.

6. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Symbolic of MTV's issue as a whole. They've always catered to the 12-24 demo but that demo has (basically) moved on from watching traditional TV so the network has been going through an identity crisis for the past 7-8 years.

7. Spenny

Regular

Awkward as hell with everyone trying to speak over each other and nothing really valuable covered. TRL needs some better hosts.

8. dotKev

@dotkevin

All I heard was "lit" the entire time. Horrible interview.

9. ARo24

Regular

Lit lit lit. Ok dude we got it after the 10th time.

10. Fine I’ll host TRL.

MTV call me.

kelseyleigh likes this.
  11. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

There was a thing on MTV Live last night that was their music videos with some older interviews in between and it was pretty enjoyable.

This new TRL is not so great.