Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Darren King Talks Leaving Mutemath

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I've rarely hit play on something so quickly.

SEANoftheDEAD and beachdude42 like this.
  3. adelphi_rocks

Newbie Supporter

It doesn't really offer any details other than he was dissatisfied with his career. To me, his timing seems unprofessional and he could have conducted himself much better without leaving his friends hanging.

Guys Named Todd and serotonin like this.
  4. ohitsjustrob

"The only truth is music." Supporter

He was apparently unhappy for a while, I had a feeling it was hard to be away from his family, he really didn't get into it. He doesn't talk to Paul anymore. It still seems unusual the way it all happened. It is sad because he was really awesome and helped define MuteMath's sound, but I am sure MuteMath will continue to be great.

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah I still feel like there’s much more to the story with how abrupt his departure was... wonder if we’ll ever find out.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

It's crazy how when someone leaves a band, the end result usually winds up being that they get shunned or don't talk to the rest of the band anymore.

You become super close to all of the members and then eventually don't even talk anymore. Its truly sad.

7. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

It’s like breaking up with family.

8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Shoot, you didn't tell me there's new Sucre on that, I'm on it!

coleslawed likes this.